The Writing is On The Walls. Bye, bye Bills

Fact: Jon Bon Jovi, along with Canadian investors, attempted and failed to purchase the Buffalo Bills, assumingly to attempt to move them to Toronto.

Fact: Roger Goodell recent stated that the Buffalo Bills would need to do major renovations on Ralph Wilson Stadium or build a new one.

Fact: Terry and Kim Pegula own both the Sabres and Bills.

Fact: DirecTv is the exclusive pay TV provider of NFL Sunday Ticket.

Fact: Jon Bon Jovi is now doing commercials for them.

Name something I said above that's incorrect.

I like pudding. Especially vanilla pudding.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only fact that matters is that Terry and Kim own the Bills. Goodell can't make Pegula sell and Pegula is dumping huge buckets of money into downtown Buffalo so he can move the Bills to Toronto?

It makes absolutely no sense

It makes perfect sense if you throw out any notion of thinking with logic and reason.

Thanks for clearing that up.

This does raise the age old question, however... Can TPegs own the Toronto Buffaloes and the Buffalo Sabres?

As long as they change the team name to Toronto Sabrecats.

Question: does a deranged individual ever know that they are crazy? That'd be kinda wild.

Would not having deranged/crazy on the TBD boards be boring? We'll never know.

Toronto Buffaloes. Just get used to saying it, because that's what we're gonna be. Obviously, Goodell doesn't want a team in Buffalo, and wants to expand internationally. He thought he would finally see his dream come true, but alas, Terry Pegula (owner of the Sabres, NFL rules be damned) came in and saved the day. For now.

Now all the bull **** about needing a new stadium. C'mon Roger, at least try to hide it. Pair that with Bon Jovi now doing commercials for DirecTV, the official carrier of NFL Sunday ticket, and it's obvious to any moron not wearing Bills colored sunglasses what's going on.

Quid pro quo. Bon Jovi scratches Goodell's back, Goodell scratches his. Do some promotion for one of our biggest sponsors, and when I determine that the Bills stadium is out of date, that team you wanted so bad is now yours.

I tell you what though, Bon Jovi isn't moving this team without a fight. I love this team too much.

Cocaine is a powerful drug...

Fact: Jon Bon Jovi, along with Canadian investors, attempted and failed to purchase the Buffalo Bills, assumingly to attempt to move them to Toronto.

Fact: Roger Goodell recent stated that the Buffalo Bills would need to do major renovations on Ralph Wilson Stadium or build a new one.

Fact: Terry and Kim Pegula own both the Sabres and Bills.

Fact: DirecTv is the exclusive pay TV provider of NFL Sunday Ticket.

Fact: Jon Bon Jovi is now doing commercials for them.

Name something I said above that's incorrect.

Fact: Area 51 exists

Fact: Man who stands on toilet is high on pot

Fact: There are aliens on the moon

Fact: Bigfoot is real

Fact: Elvis and Michael Jackson are aliens from another planet who went home

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Wait. There's two of you guys?.

The feeble minded like to stick together.

Man of his word huh? Have you seen the pictures of the oil drenched wood ducks in PA and West Virginia who fell victim to his scorched earth fracking industry?? Search google ("fracking oil shale wood ducks sexual reproduction") and you'll see all the evidence you need.

He left the fracking industry, made sweet coin, and will take that tug boat across Lake Ontario once he drains all the oil (cash) from Buffalo.

IMO

Case in point...

Toronto Buffaloes. Just get used to saying it, because that's what we're gonna be. Obviously, Goodell doesn't want a team in Buffalo, and wants to expand internationally. He thought he would finally see his dream come true, but alas, Terry Pegula (owner of the Sabres, NFL rules be damned) came in and saved the day. For now.

Now all the bull **** about needing a new stadium. C'mon Roger, at least try to hide it. Pair that with Bon Jovi now doing commercials for DirecTV, the official carrier of NFL Sunday ticket, and it's obvious to any moron not wearing Bills colored sunglasses what's going on.

Quid pro quo. Bon Jovi scratches Goodell's back, Goodell scratches his. Do some promotion for one of our biggest sponsors, and when I determine that the Bills stadium is out of date, that team you wanted so bad is now yours.

I tell you what though, Bon Jovi isn't moving this team without a fight. I love this team too much.

I think somehow trumps presidential run needs to connect to this theory too. Thoughts?

I think somehow trumps presidential run needs to connect to this theory too. Thoughts?

That's what I said earlier. The internet has allowed lunatics to find other, similarly-bent lunatics to team up with, whereas in the past they would be relegated to shouting to themselves on street corners until the guys with the big butterfly nets showed up. The results don't bode well for civilization.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Your grammar is improving Spags...

Fact: JBJ is a multi millionaire who just decided to do a couple DirecTV commercials??? Please. You have to look underneath the horse's mouth and you will see the ulterior motives.

BonJovi is a premadonna and anything that connects him to the NFL puts his ugly mug at the starting line for the next franchise. Now that Vegas and Oakland are brewing, LA has their team, it's up to Roger and BonJovi to make the move across the border. They won't be using Mayflower trucks at midnight though....the barges can get across Lake Ontario in one hour.

I thought Pegual would keep his word, but the stars are aligning for a midnight move gentlemen.

Should we stage a mass sit in at OBD to prevent this? Can somebody fire up Twitter with those tweet thingies?

It's funny to me that people think that Pegula genuinely cares about the people/city of Buffalo. He cares about money. That's it. He bought a team that was FINALLY built to be a legitimate powerhouse. We truly were "a QB away," from wreaking havoc on the AFC. Then he turned it into a sideshow. A circus act. And he sold a ton of season tickets in the process. Money. That's all he's dedicated to.

I agree with everything except the unicorns. That's a little far fetched.

Actually that is the new name of the team when it is moved there; NFL does that to prevent backlash from Bills fans who wish to keep the name.

You need to relax pal, I can't imagine that happening unless Terry Pegula is the biggest scam artist since John Spano

It's funny to me that people think that Pegula genuinely cares about the people/city of Buffalo. He cares about money. That's it. He bought a team that was FINALLY built to be a legitimate powerhouse. We truly were "a QB away," from wreaking havoc on the AFC. Then he turned it into a sideshow. A circus act. And he sold a ton of season tickets in the process. Money. That's all he's dedicated to.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that point. So the bigger question is why you think the NFL could make it in anywhere in Canada. It couldn't bring fans in the richest city in Canada to fill a stadium with less than 50,000 people. It's not supporting the growth of the CFL which is pathetic by any comparative standard. The average salary of a player in the CFL is $52K. Average NFL salaries are 36.5X as much. Toronto not only failed to bring their own people to games, but failed to lure many WNY fans either. If you want to start talking economics, the chance of ANY team moving to Canada any time soon is slim to none.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that point. So the bigger question is why you think the NFL could make it in anywhere in Canada. It couldn't bring fans in the richest city in Canada to fill a stadium with less than 50,000 people. It's not supporting the growth of the CFL which is pathetic by any comparative standard. The average salary of a player in the CFL is $52K. Average NFL salaries are 36.5X as much. Toronto not only failed to bring their own people to games, but failed to lure many WNY fans either. If you want to start talking economics, the chance of ANY team moving to Canada any time soon is slim to none.

It's kind of hard to base Canadians' enthusiasm about the prospect of an NFL team upon a series that brought them one of the worst teams in the league each year.

The NFL didnt set the ticket prices. Ted Rogers did.

Nosebleed seats started at $100 and field level were as high as $1,000.00 per ticket

CBF

The NFL didnt set the ticket prices. Ted Rogers did.

Nosebleed seats started at $100 and field level were as high as $1,000.00 per ticket

CBF

I know this. But....the bigger point I made earlier is that they've done this EVERY year for the London games and they sell those out. Rogers tested the appetite for the NFL and it failed when other "tests" did not. That's what it's about. Is it sustainable when every team is going to have their ups and downs? No. London sold out Bills-Jaguars at massive prices.