Saints try to claim QB Shaw, inadvertently tip off other 31

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/07/connor_shaw_chicago_bears_new.html#incart_river_home

An email "blunder" likely cost the Saints QB Connor Shaw, waived by the Browns. Instead of notifying the NFL of their decision to claim Shaw, they mistakenly emailed the other 31 teams. :lol:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

"The Bears hold priority over the Saints in the waiver claiming order, and therefore would have landed Shaw with a claim regardless if they knew of the Saints' desire to get the South Carolina product."

Anyway...

This story is just ridiculous. The reporter acts as if no other team knew that he was on waivers and the Saints had some type of inside information they inadvertently notified other teams of. What he is suggesting is simply nonsense.

Now if the Saints did this during the draft and then another team traded up to jump over them to get that player, then yes, this would be a major blunder. As it is, it's really nothing...first of all the dude is a bum, second of all the Bears had priority over the Saints so if they put in a claim it didn't matter. It's not like the Bears were thinking "oh we gotta keep this 4th string QB from going to the Saints..."

Give me a break...I also love how he put in there "it's unknown if this played a factor in the Bears claiming him."

Basically, all this is is some guy who had nothing to write about, it's the time right before training camp when nothing's going on and he took some inconsequential blunder, which honestly probably made no difference and turned it into something way bigger than it was so you'd click on the story and read it.

A total non story.

Edited by matter2003

This story is just ridiculous. The reporter acts as if no other team knew that he was on waivers and the Saints had some type of inside information they inadvertently notified other teams of. What he is suggesting is simply nonsense.

Now if the Saints did this during the draft and then another team traded up to jump over them to get that player, then yes, this would be a major blunder. As it is, it's really nothing...first of all the dude is a bum, second of all the Bears had priority over the Saints so if they put in a claim it didn't matter. It's not like the Bears were thinking "oh we gotta keep this 4th string QB from going to the Saints..."

Give me a break...I also love how he put in there "it's unknown if this played a factor in the Bears claiming him."

Basically, all this is is some guy who had nothing to write about, it's the time right before training camp when nothing's going on and he took some inconsequential blunder, which honestly probably made no difference and turned it into something way bigger than it was so you'd click on the story and read it.

A total non story.

So speaks Mickey Loomis!

A total non story.

Like the rest of them for the next three weeks. My sentiments exactly. These writers can't think of anything to cover except maybe a nice fluff piece on an undrafted free agent, or someone getting a DUI. THAT's a big so what.

A total non story.

Kind of like Benghazi.

The Saints front office is one of the most inept in all of sports. They have a few guys that are, at best ok (Lauscha and Loomis) and then a bunch of strooges. These guys are comically stupid but have the trust of the senile old man. His inner circle is compromised of some of the worst minds in all of sports.

The Saints front office is one of the most inept in all of sports. They have a few guys that are, at best ok (Lauscha and Loomis) and then a bunch of strooges. These guys are comically stupid but have the trust of the senile old man. His inner circle is compromised of some of the worst minds in all of sports.

funny how the guy who took advantage of their stupidity, Pace, probably knew that all too well from his time there Edited by YoloinOhio

A total non story.

Thanks for the debunk! you saved me time of life.