Topic of the day 6/30: One hit wonder - trifecta

Did you hear Ted Cottrell talk about Cowart last week or the week before? Said he was in the same conversation with Ray Lewis until that achilles injury, which everyone thought was dirty. Sam had three sacks in the first half against Tampa and then the Bucs took him out for good. That killed the Bills' season as well; they lost three starting defenders that day.

I remember that game. The series before he was injured, Tampa went 3-and-out, with Cowart blowing up each play almost single-handedly (I think maybe on the second play he had help). Ray Lewis, hell, he was having a Lawrence Taylor-like game that day.

It was the most dominating play I've ever seen from a LB (on par with what von Miller did in the Superbowl). Yeah, the Bucs him on purpose. It was the only way they could stop him.

I remember that game. The series before he was injured, Tampa went 3-and-out, with Cowart blowing up each play almost single-handedly (I think maybe on the second play he had help). Ray Lewis, hell, he was having a Lawrence Taylor-like game that day.

It was the most dominating play I've ever seen from a LB (on par with what von Miller did in the Superbowl). Yeah, the Bucs him on purpose. It was the only way they could stop him.

Cowart was just beginning to hit his stride and dominating the game. His injury set the Bills back...by how much I don't know, but it hurt. And it ruined a potential HOF career.

I bought Cowart's jersey his first year.

Similar situation with Steve Tasker - opponent could not stop him fairly so they used a cheap shot to remove him from game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199611240buf.htm

Date: November 24, 1996

Jim Kelly once said that no one could cover Steve Tasker as a wide receiver and he proved it that day.

Steve Tasker had the most productive offensive game of his career as a Wide Receiver as he racked up 160 yards on 6 catches with 2 touchdowns vs. NJ Jets. His 160 yards receiving vs. Jets was 8 more yards than he recorded in his first 10 seasons in the league. Unfortunately his kamikaze catches made him a target for the Jets' back-field and he injured his knee in the game.

Edited by Koolaid

Carreer: Jeremy McDaniel, WR, he was a UFA, in his second year as a pro (2000), he produced 46 rec for 692 yards and 2 TDs. he was, with Peerless Price, a promising WR, possesion receiver type, behind Eric Moulds. Started 6 games that year. His next year was a disapointment with only 11 receptions and was traded to San Diego, he never played for them due to a knee injury.

Game: Shaud Williams, RB, 2004-12-26, came out of nowhere with a 17 att for 97 yards performance against the Niners in a 41-7 win 3com Park.

Day:

Naaman Roosvelt, WR, 2011-10-16 - he scored a 60 yards TD on a WR screen (Gailey loved those) on what should have been a win that day against a good team.

or

Charlie Rogers, KR/RB, 2002-09-15 @Minnesota- 90 yards TD on a KOT.

Cowart jumps out to me. He was going to be an absolute superstar. He was unbelievable before the injury. He seems like a common answer though so I will go elsewhere and say Billy Brooks in 1995. He caught 11 TDs!!

I'll use a couple of recent examples for the next 2. For the game how about Baccarri Rambo vs. Green Bay? For the play how about Marquies Grey? He made one play and we all just waited for more.