RIP to coaching legend Pat Summit

YoloinOhio

I'm a big women's hoops fan and even though I'm a UCONN fan I will forever admire and respect Pat Summitt.

It's amazing what she did. When she started out there were no big time women's athletics - it didn't exist. Pat built the first and TN grew into a dynasty. Other programs - UCONN, Stanford, Notre Dame, LA Tech, etc. followed, but none of it ever would have happened without Pat Summitt, and it's gone even further than basketball. If you look at women's athletics before and after Pat Summit you can appreciate the incredible impact she had on sports as a whole - unbelievable.

Pat Summitt was a true competitor and all class - all of her players graduated which means she not only coached them to be great ball players, she also made sure they were prepared for life. RIP Pat.

I'm a big women's hoops fan and even though I'm a UCONN fan I will forever admire and respect Pat Summitt.

It's amazing what she did. When she started out there were no big time women's athletics - it didn't exist. Pat built the first and TN grew into a dynasty. Other programs - UCONN, Stanford, Notre Dame, LA Tech, etc. followed, but none of it ever would have happened without Pat Summitt, and it's gone even further than basketball. If you look at women's athletics before and after Pat Summit you can appreciate the incredible impact she had on sports as a whole - unbelievable.

Pat Summitt was a true competitor and all class - all of her players graduated which means she not only coached them to be great ball players, she also made sure they were prepared for life. RIP Pat.

well said. One of her players said today that she treated missing a class like missing a game.