Police Shamelessly cite Terrorism in Patrolling Private Lots

Fingon

Is this really so foreign to you. Do you not pay attention to the news?

Your last sentence doesn't seem to follow what you previously said, but i think i get your point. No, i've never said f-off to a cop.I've never had a confrontation with one and try hard to avoid cops at all costs. I don't feel they are all bad, but I'm not willing to risk it.

yeah. I watch the news. I generally see people breaking laws and being confronted by police.

Why do you stay away from cops at all costs??? What do you have to fear? If your doing nothing wrong or don't have a smart ass attitude because you were pulled over for a traffic violation you won't have a problem.

Or are you in the wrong place with other criminals even though your a straight shooter? If so, get better friends that won't get you in trouble.

Btw, I've mentioned all this and never asked once if you were black. It's a respect for authority thing. Not a racial thing. But I get it, F- the police.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that every time someone says F-Off to a cop and the cop does nothing it isn't reported, right?

so what. A good cop wouldn't do anything illegal so there shouldn't be anything to report. Not news.

Is this really so foreign to you. Do you not pay attention to the news?

Your last sentence doesn't seem to follow what you previously said, but i think i get your point. No, i've never said f-off to a cop.I've never had a confrontation with one and try hard to avoid cops at all costs. I don't feel they are all bad, but I'm not willing to risk it.

the last thing i saw on the news regarding cops that was a major story was that three in a row baltimore cops were found not guilty in the freddie gray case.. 2 of them were black as was the judge who rendered the decision.. you are making a stereotyped observation about cops IMHO

Edited by dwight in philly

the last thing i saw on the news regarding cops that was a major story was that three in a row baltimore cops were found not guilty in the freddie gray case.. 2 of them were black as was the judge who rendered the decision..

maybe they were found not guilty because they were black and so was the "victim"?

I think you were on to something earlier.

the last thing i saw on the news regarding cops that was a major story was that three in a row baltimore cops were found not guilty in the freddie gray case.. 2 of them were black as was the judge who rendered the decision.. you are making a stereotyped observation about cops IMHO

my view is that cops, regardless of color, have killed black citizens unlawfully and gotten away with it, as it looks like it will be in this case. Cops seems to get away with a lot.

my view is that cops, regardless of color, have killed black citizens unlawfully and gotten away with it, as it looks like it will be in this case. Cops seems to get away with a lot.

so it doesnt matter if it is a black cop .. you just feel ALL cops target black people?

Edited by dwight in philly

maybe they were found not guilty because they were black and so was the "victim"?

I think you were on to something earlier.

why was the word , victim, in quotes. Do you question that he was a victim? Was his death by a broken back and lack of medical care a reasonable outcome of the situation and he deserved to die.

so it doesnt matter if it is a black cop .. you just feel ALL cops target black people?

Let's be clear, it's almost always white cops.

why was the word , victim, in quotes. Do you question that he was a victim? Was his death by a broken back and lack of medical care a reasonable outcome of the situation and he deserved to die.

ok, just once in a while some "rogue" black cop kills somebody? but not as often as white cops?

hahaha. I would agree with you in certain cases and don't feel that all cops are honest. That would be ridiculous. But what do you feel about the Michae Brown case? A police officer that was being charged by a much larger individual clearly intent on harming him. Or what about the Freddie Gray case where 3 of the officers have recently been found not guilty? And how do you feel about the riots in those places that these things happened? You don't think individuals rioting and burning police cars and other buildings is a problem?

ok, just once in a while some "rogue" black cop kills somebody? but not as often as white cops?

not rogue, just a black cop. Yes , of course , not as often as white cops. Are you really that out of touch?

well, he was a criminal. He was in possession of a weapon and he was running from police. Why was he running you ask? Probably because he was up to no good and still on parole from previous prison time while carrying a weapon.

"Gray had a criminal record, on drug charges and minor crimes.[21] Gray had been involved in 20 criminal court cases, five of which were still active at the time of his death, and was due in court on a possession charge on April 24.[21][22] In February 2009, he was sentenced to four years in prison for two counts of drug possession with intent to deliver and was paroled in 2011. In 2012, he was arrested for violating parole but was not sent back to prison. In 2013, he returned to jail for a month before being released."

hahaha. I would agree with you in certain cases and don't feel that all cops are honest. That would be ridiculous. But what do you feel about the Michae Brown case? A police officer that was being charged by a much larger individual clearly intent on harming him. Or what about the Freddie Gray case where 3 of the officers have recently been found not guilty? And how do you feel about the riots in those places that these things happened? You don't think individuals rioting and burning police cars and other buildings is a problem?

this could get deeper than I have time for, but... I don't defend michael brown. I'm not in total agreement with the cops version of the story, but I don't defend Brown. Re: Freddie Gray, from only what we learn from the news, this seems like a horrible decision. I don't know all the facts, but it would seem someone needs to be held accountable for this man's death. The riots are a much deeper issue, riots on their own are wrong, fighting back decades of racial injustice with no end in sight can cause an unfortunate reaction. At the time of the riots, I said, I don't like it, but I can see their point.

well, he was a criminal. He was in possession of a weapon and he was running from police. Why was he running you ask? Probably because he was up to no good and still on parole from previous prison time while carrying a weapon.

"Gray had a criminal record, on drug charges and minor crimes.[21] Gray had been involved in 20 criminal court cases, five of which were still active at the time of his death, and was due in court on a possession charge on April 24.[21][22] In February 2009, he was sentenced to four years in prison for two counts of drug possession with intent to deliver and was paroled in 2011. In 2012, he was arrested for violating parole but was not sent back to prison. In 2013, he returned to jail for a month before being released."

therefore, he deserved to die.

Dudes, this has devolved into a race thread, not suited for TSW, but for PPP. Take it into chat and duke it out there.

Even the start of the thread had weak connection to football, but it probably survived not being closed because it it had a whiff football due to the game day experience at private lots.

this could get deeper than I have time for, but... I don't defend michael brown. I'm not in total agreement with the cops version of the story, but I don't defend Brown. Re: Freddie Gray, from only what we learn from the news, this seems like a horrible decision. I don't know all the facts, but it would seem someone needs to be held accountable for this man's death. The riots are a much deeper issue, riots on their own are wrong, fighting back decades of racial injustice with no end in sight can cause an unfortunate reaction. At the time of the riots, I said, I don't like it, but I can see their point.

therefore, he deserved to die.

I never said he deserved to die. But I don't blame the cops for it. it's on him and him alone for the reason of his death. Had he not been breaking the law he wouldn't have been stopped. Had he not ran he wouldn't have been tackled. Had he not resisted arrest he wouldn't have received the injuries that killed him.

How hard is it to get stopped, comply with orders and calmly sit in the back of a cop car? After all, if your breaking the law it's in you. If your not breaking the law the truth will come out sooner than later.

Edited by mrags

I never said he deserved to die. But I don't blame the cops for it. it's on him and him alone for the reason of his death. Had he not been breaking the law he wouldn't have been stopped. Had he not ran he wouldn't have been tackled. Had he not resisted arrest he wouldn't have received the injuries that killed him.

How hard is it to get stopped, comply with orders and calmly sit in the back of a cop car? After all, if your breaking the law it's in you. If your not breaking the law the truth will come out sooner than later.

a very naive take on this. It wasn't 'sitting calmly in the back of a cop car'. He had a broken back and was sitting in a van and tossed around as the driver had his fun making sudden swerves.

a very naive take on this. It wasn't 'sitting calmly in the back of a cop car'. He had a broken back and was sitting in a van and tossed around as the driver had his fun making sudden swerves.

you missed my point. Had he not resisted arrest and needed to be tackled and cuffed he would t have had that problem. He would have been sitting in the back of a cop car going to jail instead of dying.

Better yet, had he not broken the law he wouldn't have been questioned in the first place.

And I will not even comment regarding the "driver had his fun making sudden swerves" that was found not guilty.

Edited by mrags

you missed my point. Had he not resisted arrest and needed to be tackled and cuffed he would t have had that problem. He would have been sitting in the back of a cop car going to jail instead of dying.

Better yet, had he not broken the law he wouldn't have been questioned in the first place.

It's his fault he was in legal trouble, it's the fault of those that recklessly caused his death that he is dead. Not every crime should result in an immediate execution.

and one more point, because this could go on forever. I can see why some people run from cops, if i were in some others shoes, i'm not sure I would trust them enough to just sit there and wonder if this is the a-hole cop or not.

It's his fault he was in legal trouble, it's the fault of those that recklessly caused his death that he is dead. Not every crime should result in an immediate execution.

i never said it should. All I said is its his own fault. Had he not been in trouble with the law he wouldn't have been in that position to begin with. again, I think your assuming he was an innocent person not doing anything. Which is what this whole argument is about in the first place.

If you are not breaking the law to begin with you will not be bothered. Which applies to Private Lots outside Ralph Wilson Stadium.

And I will not even comment regarding the "driver had his fun making sudden swerves" that was found not guilty.

come on, comment on it. that's why we're here. (OJ was 'not guilty' too)

i never said it should. All I said is its his own fault. Had he not been in trouble with the law he wouldn't have been in that position to begin with. again, I think your assuming he was an innocent person not doing anything. Which is what this whole argument is about in the first place.

If you are not breaking the law to begin with you will not be bothered. Which applies to Private Lots outside Ralph Wilson Stadium.

In a perfect world. But in the Stadium case, I'm with you.