Dareus All-In with Rex Ryan's Defense

Not necessarily in last year's "scheme"

The problems with last year's "scheme" aside, every scheme requires DLmen to read certain keys that often result in stopping a running play on the way to the QB.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he didn't flat out complain, and he had very little reason to muzzle himself when speaking about the team knowing he was going to get paid disirregardless. teams knew he was used horribly last year, he'd still have got top dollar on market.

do you remember exactly what he said? he had just expressed concerned about the complexity of the system, concern that it was going to take time to learn, etc. he spoke matter of factly and did not mince words, but he definitely did not openly criticize the system.

A new word I was unaware of ....."disirregardless"; now that's somewhat of a mindbender.....🤔🤔

Ok is it just me who wonders. He says they are running the same defense. But Rex said last year he didnt run his defense. But he is this year. This is like when Jerry Hughes said this was a completely different concept than Schwartz but Mario said it was the same. Color me lost and still fully pregnant

Sure his first INT

Nope, wasn't a designed drop in coverage, sorry.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000391270/Q4-Kyle-Williams-grabs-interception

Kyle rushes the passer immediately off the snap. Only breaks off of his blockers once Cutler has rolled out to the opposite of the field, then Kyle takes a wide pursuit angle through the middle of the field because he can't get to him in time.

Any other times you think it happened?

Edited by FireChan

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000391270/Q4-Kyle-Williams-grabs-interception

Kyle rushes the passer immediately off the snap. Only breaks off of his blockers once Cutler has rolled out to the opposite of the field, then Kyle takes a wide pursuit angle through the middle of the field because he can't get to him in time.

See I knew you would say no no matter what anyone says. The facts are Kyle Williams did drop into coverage though no matter how many times you say no.

He dropped into coverage 4 times the season with Schwartz.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Without clicking your link thats exactly what i remember him saying when asked about it

See I knew you would say no no matter what anyone says. The facts are Kyle Williams did drop into coverage though no matter how many times you say no.

He dropped into coverage 4 times the season with Schwartz.

Of course I would say it. I knew it's what you were going to reference, and I knew you'd be dead wrong.

Edited by FireChan

Of course I would say it. I knew it's what you were going to reference, and I knew you'd be dead wrong.

I knew he didn't but I also knew you would say no to whatever anyone would say. Like I said he did it 4 times that season. So you like always are wrong.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Yea I know he didn't... like I said you will say no to anything.

He dropped back into coverage 4 times, you are wrong. Do you have a reading problem? Or are you angry thinking he didn't drop into coverage when he did?

Edited by Beef Jerky

Yea I know he didn't... like I said you will say no to anything.

He dropped back into coverage 4 times, you are wrong. Do you have a reading problem? Or are you angry thinking he didn't drop into coverage when he did?

You were wrong on purpose? Weird dude. I'm out though.

You were wrong on purpose? Weird dude. I'm out though.

So you admit you were wrong thinking Kyle didn't drop into coverage? As long as you leave knowing that.

4 times FireChan, not 0 like you think.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Just for reference, Erik Turner, citing PFF, had Kyle in coverage 9 times in 2014:

http://www.cover1.net/2016/02/20161212015-bills-defensive-study-defensive-line/

Nevertheless, he was most definitely not playing a coverage assignment on the Cutler pick

Absolutely, but you do have to be unpredictable. Can't just have him do the same thing every time.

I'm actually very excited to watch this D this year. We have some interesting hybrid guys, like Corey White, that bring a lot of versatility. I think we are going to see the complex, attacking scheme that I thought we would have last year.

Blandon, Graham, Williams etc

A new word I was unaware of ....."disirregardless"; now that's somewhat of a mindbender.....

Now you have met our good friend and contributor J.

Good fun with words is one of his trademarks, and why he is loved here.

Did you see those awesome coverage skills by MD on those 2 bengals td passes? We need more of that.

MD really could work on getting those little hands up in the passing lanes.

Just for reference, Erik Turner, citing PFF, had Kyle in coverage 9 times in 2014:

http://www.cover1.net/2016/02/20161212015-bills-defensive-study-defensive-line/

Nevertheless, he was most definitely not playing a coverage assignment on the Cutler pick

details....

Glad Dareus is on board. Hope they All are. and I hope it stays that way when the slogging gets deep thick.

Because that is what it takes to win and NFL season.

I consider this a good sign, and maybe the kid is stepping up to become a Team leader? His advice to Gilmore was pretty well sorted

Edited by 3rdand12

Ok is it just me who wonders. He says they are running the same defense. But Rex said last year he didnt run his defense. But he is this year. This is like when Jerry Hughes said this was a completely different concept than Schwartz but Mario said it was the same. Color me lost and still fully pregnant

Every team has pretty much the same plays, just different terminology. Game plans and play calling differ from coach to coach, base systems differs. But everyone has the same plays.

I remember Schwartz said he wasnt going to make the defense learn all new terminology, he was going to learn their terminology and translate it into his defense. Schwartz is a very smart guy. I doubt Rex could do that.

But then again I believe Pettine used a lot of the same terminology as Rex so there should have been a smoother transition. I do remember Pettine saying the Browns defense was smarter than the Bills defense.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Every team has pretty much the same plays, just different terminology. Game plans and play calling differ from coach to coach, base systems differs. But everyone has the same plays.

I remember Schwartz said he wasnt going to make the defense learn all new terminology, he was going to learn their terminology and translate it into his defense. Schwartz is a very smart guy. I doubt Rex could do that.

But then again I believe Pettine used a lot of the same terminology as Rex so there should have been a smoother transition. I do remember Pettine saying the Browns defense was smarter than the Bills defense.

So Schwartz is smart and Rex isn't yet Rex has had better defenses throughout his career then Schwartz ever had. Edited by Beef Jerky

Playing nt and two gapping though so largely wasted. Looking very much forward to seeing the real 99 again in 2017

Rex says a 5-2 this year, which is a 3-4 under. 1 gap penetrating defense. No 2 gapping.

So Schwartz is smart and Rex isn't yet Rex has had better defenses throughout his career then Schwartz ever had.

Rex is better at what he does. Last year Rex tried to do something different, which was take things Schwartz did and he did and mesh them. Rex needs to be Rex.

Schwartz is very smart, yes.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Rex says a 5-2 this year, which is a 3-4 under. 1 gap penetrating defense. No 2 gapping.

Rex is better at what he does. Last year Rex tried to do something different, which was take things Schwartz did and he did and mesh them. Rex needs to be Rex.

Schwartz is very smart, yes.

That is Exactly what he said. but he also said multiple. He never said no 2 gapping.