Terry Pegula to be on WGR afternoon show today 6/22

He's genuine but he's just so uncomfortable behind a mic. It's like pulling teeth for the hosts. He's all over the place too.

Yea the constant "I'll tell you a story" followed by a couple of minutes rambling about unrelated things is tough on the interviewer.

But he is the owner of the team what he is like in interviews does not matter,

He is a painful interview.

Terry P certainly isn't glib. But what he does do is answer the questions. When asked questions regarding the stadium situation I get the sense that what he was saying was exactly where he was at on that issue. He doesn't dance around tough questions, he responds to them. The responses are in a simple form but they are truthful and unvarnished.

There was a comment he made about Ralph Wilson. He essentially said that at the last stages of his life he was inattentive to his franchise. He wasn't bashing him and he was respective how he said it but the point he was making that his first task at hand was in modernizing the organizational structure.

I agree with you (and so would he) that his speech lacks pleasing dulcet tones. But if you want unvarnished information from the most credible source he is the person you should lend your ear to. Or would you rather listen to Rex, the master of verbosity, that gives you nothing but bull shiiiiit?

Terry P certainly isn't glib. But what he does do is answer the questions. When asked questions regarding the stadium situation I get the sense that what he was saying was exactly where he was at on that issue. He doesn't dance around tough questions, he responds to them. The responses are in a simple form but they are truthful and unvarnished.

There was a comment he made about Ralph Wilson. He essentially said that at the last stages of his life he was inattentive to his franchise. He wasn't bashing him and he was respective how he said it but the point he was making that his first task at hand was in modernizing the organizational structure.

I agree with you (and so would he) that his speech lacks pleasing dulcet tones. But if you want unvarnished information from the most credible source he is the person you should lend your ear to. Or would you rather listen to Rex, the master of verbosity, that gives you nothing but bull shiiiiit?

Ha ha, I have managed to completely tune Rex out. I don't watch his interviews, or his fat brother's. I don't care about the lip service that they bring.

In terms of Pegula, he is just all over the place.He is honest and genuine he is just a brutal interview. He doesn't respond directly to a lot of questions and he's really uncomfortable. I would rather Kim do a lot of the that part of the job. She is much, much better in front of the mic. That seems to be a part of the job that Terry really likes though. I thought that it was weird (and telling) that he did the introductory press conference when they bought the Bills with Kim sitting in the crowd.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Ha ha, I have managed to completely tune Rex out. I don't watch his interviews, or his fat brother's. I don't care about the lip service that they bring.

In terms of Pegula, he is just all over the place.He is honest and genuine he is just a brutal interview. He doesn't respond directly to a lot of questions and he's really uncomfortable. I would rather Kim do a lot of the that part of the job. She is much, much better in front of the mic. That seems to be a part of the job that Terry really likes though. I thought that it was weird (and telling) that he did the introductory press conference when they bought the Bills with Kim sitting in the crowd.

The person who brought the money holds the mic! I agree with you that although he is not very polished he seems to enjoy doing it.

Terry B might appear to be shy and reserved in front of the mic but billionaires who started from scratch have very big egos even when it is not noticed by outsiders. Even more than the blustery types it is the quiet guys you don't cross.

Maybe I'm misreading the transcript but it doesn't seem to me Terry's excited about a new downtown stadium.

On the one hand, he acknowledges the current stadium is old. But he adds that Buffalo is not LA, it's a different market. In other words, we don't have the resources for a shiny, new $1-2 billion dollar stadium.

Maybe I'm misreading the transcript but it doesn't seem to me Terry's excited about a new downtown stadium.

On the one hand, he acknowledges the current stadium is old. But he adds that Buffalo is not LA, it's a different market. In other words, we don't have the resources for a shiny, new $1-2 billion dollar stadium.

I didn't get that form the interview. It felt like he was trying to say very little. He basically said that they are looking into things. He was really as vague as could be on it. That was probably the right way to play it in my opinion because everyone would have interpreted (and misinterpreted) his words if he said more.

I dont care what anybody says about El Pegula....this guy is a genuine person

The day he broke down when trying to talk about how the fans felt about the bills possibly leaving Buffalo......he basically won me for life.

Yes.....I am a sentimental fool

That's exactly why some of us cringe when we hear TP. We don't want anything to embarrass the guy.

I dont care what anybody says about El Pegula....this guy is a genuine person

The day he broke down when trying to talk about how the fans felt about the bills possibly leaving Buffalo......he basically won me for life.

Yes.....I am a sentimental fool

Don't get me wrong; I love the guy. All that I am saying is that he is an awful interview. Not everyone was made to stand in front of a microphone. Rex is a GREAT interview and I won't listen to him.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I didn't get that form the interview. It felt like he was trying to say very little. He basically said that they are looking into things. He was really as vague as could be on it. That was probably the right way to play it in my opinion because everyone would have interpreted (and misinterpreted) his words if he said more.

If they were hot for a downtown stadium, he's going to soft pedal it now so as to prevent land owners to triple their prices. Tough that might be too late.

An honest man. without question. Very refreshing for me.

Yes, he was wise in how he managed his words.