better without bledso - from cnn.com

mattitude

Are they better without Bledsoe or are they better with Brady?

Amazing how differently people can see things. Its no wonder journalists are third in line to the trashbin behind boy bands and basketball players who beat up fans.

247474[/snapback]

BTW LA,

that was a most excellent SNL special last night.

What a huge mistake Chevy Chase made when he left that show, he should've milked that for years! :D

BTW LA,

What a huge mistake Chevy Chase made when he left that show, he should've milked that for years! :(

247483[/snapback]

I'm watching it tonight. I TIVO'd it so I could watch the NBA All-stars. I don't watch NBA, but this is a fun game to watch AND gamble. I faded the public last night: Took the Under 263.5, East +5, parlayed the two and took a small East ML bet at +180. You just knew Vegas wouldn't get their ass handed to them like it did last year.

I'm watching it tonight. I think Chase did some good stuff after leaving, but he is something of a lunatic in person, so I've read. How he even got a shot at his own talk show is beyond me.

I'm watching it tonight. I TIVO'd it so I could watch the NBA All-stars. I don't watch NBA, but this is a fun game to watch AND gamble. I faded the public last night: Took the Under 263.5, East +5, parlayed the two and took a small East ML bet at +180. You just knew Vegas wouldn't get their ass handed to them like it did last year.

247500[/snapback]

I didn't even know it was played yesterday. :(:(

I'm watching it tonight. I think Chase did some good stuff after leaving, but he is something of a lunatic in person, so I've read.  How he even got a shot at his own talk show is beyond me.
If it doesn't have a National Lampoon in the title, I'm not watching a Chevy movie. :(

I know you're a big Steve Martin fan, they showed some of him as well... wow, he was great back in the day! Much like Eddie Murphy, if he's not playing a total clown, I don't find him very interesting at all. I think it'd be great if he made a Return of the Jerk movie!

If it doesn't have a National Lampoon in the title, I'm not watching a Chevy movie. :( 

247535[/snapback]

Except for "The Three Amigos." Chevy Chase wasn't a standout in that flick, but he had some great moments and he definitely gets an assist for making that movie a classic.

BTW LA,

What a huge mistake Chevy Chase made when he left that show, he should've milked that for years! :(

247483[/snapback]

The new info for me was that Chase was originally hired as a writer by Lorne Micheals and that he got to be a performer because he was Michaels right hand man and essentially his partner in developing the orginal show (which makes sense as Chevy had no trouble getting screen time in the orginal show).

I took it from the special that Chase did not so much abandon the show as run to Hollywood and all the money they were willing to throw his way and that Michaels agreed with this choice because it kept SNL an ensemble product around the NRPT players rather than making the show merely a vehicle for Chevy and them other folks.

He foundered post SNL in producing a vehicle that kept him a featured star (a trick Belushi pulled off when he has the #1 movie with Animal House, the #1 album on Billboard with the Blues Brothers and SNL at the same time (with the slight inconvenience that the lifestyle killed him), but he seemed to catch a ton of money Hollywood threw his way to do his ill-fated TV show, to do the Fletch movies, to do a series of Vacation movies, to do the stupid Three Amigos movie and even to do a guest host stint on SNL that indicates that his relationship with the old was fine despite his leaving.

My sense is that he laughed all the way to the bank with his post SNL "failure".

to do the stupid Three Amigos movie

247681[/snapback]

Sorry, but i think that movie is frigging hilarious.

Bartender: We don't have beer. Just tequila.

Ned Niederlander: What's tequila?

Bartender: Uh, it's like beer.

Rosita: I was thinking later, you could kiss me on the veranda.

Dusty Bottoms: Lips would be fine.