DeAndre Hopkins contract projection and $ammy

@spotrac

Entering yr 4 of his 5 year rookie contract w/ the #Texans, WR DeAndre Hopkins is currently projecting at $14.1M/yr.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/deandre-hopkins/

Hopkins will be a FA in 2018 assuming Texans pick up his option, 2019 for Sammy assuming the same. I can see the Hopkins contract being the starting point for Watkins and OBJ.

Save your pennies Whaley.

Edited by YoloinOhio

another thing that probably affects the Gilmore contract

I see this as a very likely scenario

- Gilmore is under contract this year

- We can tag Gilmore for less then it would be to sign him for one more year.....meanwhile I anticipate TT looking awesome and getting that fat contrct.

- Next draft we probably take not one but two corners high in the draft.

- We cross our fingers that a guy like Seymore is actually a viable NFL caliber corner

- Gilmore is allowed to leave free agency the next year

Because we dont pay Gilmore....it leaves room open to resign Watkins

Edited by John from Hemet

Let's hope that Watkins has a few seasons between now and then that make that worth sense. So far Watkins has had some great games and some great moments. I would like to see a couple of 1200 yard seasons mixed with 10+ TD's.

true, it's assuming he continues to progress. But he just turned 23 and has had a QB carousel so if he doesn't get the money here he will get it somewhere based on potential. IMO Edited by YoloinOhio

true, it's assuming he continues to progress. But he just turned 23 and has had a QB carousel so if he doesn't get the money here he will get it somewhere based on potential. IMO

at this point , the goal should be to plan on paying Watkins.

Whaley would agree.

true, it's assuming he continues to progress. But he just turned 23 and has had a QB carousel so if he doesn't get the money here he will get it somewhere based on potential. IMO

After the next two years would a team be likely to pay top dollar for potential?

I agree however that would should be trying to figure out how to pay him in a few years. I think a productive Sammy will mean we have a productive O.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

After the next two years would a team be likely to pay top dollar for potential?

I agree however that would should be trying to figure out how to pay him in a few years. I think a productive Sammy will mean we have a productive O.

yes, even if he only stays where he is in terms of production I think they will. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't know why people care about these things. Every contract will be bigger then the last as long as the cap keeps going up.

in the offseason everything is on the table, and the more hardcore fan you are the more things you think about. All part of being a fan. Edited by TPS

in the offseason everything is on the table, and the more hardcore fan you are the more things you think about. All part of being a fan.

Not really... b.c I still know exactly what you know. Sammy is going to get paid a ton of money as long as he stays healthy

Edited by Beef Jerky