6-16: Rob Ryan & Reggie Ragland on the John Murphy Show

Rob Ryan: "Knowledge is Power" (13:51)
Bills defensive assistant coach Rob Ryan sat down on The John Murphy Show to discuss the experience on the coaching staff, his coaching career in football, and his impressions of the defensive roster.

Reggie Ragland: "Everyone is after the same goal" (12:05)
Bills LB Reggie Ragland called in to The John Murphy Show to give his thoughts on how the offseason program went, to discuss working with the starting unit, his familiarity with the defensive system, and what he likes most about Buffalo.

Ragland: Preston Brown is our defensive leader

On the final day of Bills minicamp, assistant head coach/Defense Rob Ryan heaped praise on mike LB Preston Brown saying he’ll be a star. In an appearance on the John Murphy Show, rookie LB Reggie Ragland, who lines up next to Brown at inside linebacker, called Brown the defensive leader.

I'm hoping Brown rises to the occasion. I think, as a second year player, he was overwhelmed by entirely new concepts and was too timid in the face of chagrined lockerroom leadership to take more charge.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm hoping Brown rises to the occasion. I think, as a second year player, he was overwhelmed by entirely new concepts and was too timid in the face of chagrined lockerroom leadership to take more charge.

GO BILLS!!!

pin drops in a forest, does it make a sound...

Love Ragland and the joy he brings to the game. I'm excited to see him command the field like he did for the Tide.

I was on board for Ragland pre draft. and would have accepted him at 19.

Brown and Reggie might quickly become a Dynamic Duo.

pin drops in a forest, does it make a sound...

I was on board for Ragland pre draft. and would have accepted him at 19.

Brown and Reggie might quickly become a Dynamic Duo.

TIMBER!, motherphucker! TIMphuckin'BER!

TIMBER!, motherphucker! TIMphuckin'BER!

That is what i am hearing.

very enthusiastic about the middle of the defense.

Ed Reed is going to help the LBs and the Safety's get on the same page.

Honestly think this might come together in a big way.

koolaid? maybe.

That is what i am hearing.

very enthusiastic about the middle of the defense.

Ed Reed is going to help the LBs and the Safety's get on the same page.

Honestly think this might come together in a big way.

koolaid? maybe.

If you can't drink koolaid at this time of year, then we might as well give it up. I can be as optimistic as the next guy and say we are gonna go 16-0, 15-1, 14-2, etc, right on down the line until each prediction is mathematically eliminated. At the same time, when I look at the schedule and our roster, I think 8-8 is more realistic, if not 7-9.

As for Reed, I don't know if he will make a difference as a coach or not at this point. Great players seldom make great coaches. All I know is he is one of the greatest to ever play his position, one of those that defined the position. A first ballot HOFer when the time comes. That's good enough for now.

GO BILLS!!!

If you can't drink koolaid at this time of year, then we might as well give it up. I can be as optimistic as the next guy and say we are gonna go 16-0, 15-1, 14-2, etc, right on down the line until each prediction is mathematically eliminated. At the same time, when I look at the schedule and our roster, I think 8-8 is more realistic, if not 7-9.

As for Reed, I don't know if he will make a difference as a coach or not at this point. Great players seldom make great coaches. All I know is he is one of the greatest to ever play his position, one of those that defined the position. A first ballot HOFer when the time comes. That's good enough for now.

GO BILLS!!!

I think Reed is more about teaching players how to study and communicate.

And role model. Somewhere in between Coach and Vet player