Riverboat Ron gets a New Three Year Contract

@AlbertBreer

Well-deserved reward RT @josephperson: Rivera now among top 10 highest-paid coaches at more than $6 million a year. https://t.co/jCDJ1PAhkM

@RapSheet

#Panthers coach Ron Rivera had his old deal torn up & signed a new 3-yr contract worth $19.5M, per source. $3M more available in incentives

Along with Ron Rivera's new contract, actually done in February, the #Panthers assistants received raises, too. It helped keep them together

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

panthers fans don't like calling him riverboat ron. they say he is embellishing one go for it call. its funny, because its true. he is very conservative.

either way, i made a big what do to panther fans when they signed him and i kept saying he's better than fox. he definitely is.

Who??? 3 time coach of the year, career winner right around .600...

He's doing a fine job and has been.

there were a crap load of people screaming, SCREAMING, for him to get fired. and shula the OC. saying they are wasting newton's talent, and that they can't use steve smith, etc...

there were a crap load of people screaming, SCREAMING, for him to get fired. and shula the OC. saying they are wasting newton's talent, and that they can't use steve smith, etc...

People who live in Carolina are not known for their intelligence especially regarding football.

People who live in Carolina are not known for their intelligence especially regarding football.

no joke. its... pathetic. recently discovering more and more that carolinians are some of the most emotionally based people around. everything is knee jerk and if you do not support their belief in one thing you are completely wrong on everything else. it makes them hard as hell to have a conversation with and you'll get ostracized quickly.

definitely. I'm surprised he made it through that, actually.

shula has done wonders with david lee.

no joke. its... pathetic. recently discovering more and more that carolinians are some of the most emotionally based people around. everything is knee jerk and if you do not support their belief in one thing you are completely wrong on everything else. it makes them hard as hell to have a conversation with and you'll get ostracized quickly.

shula has done wonders with david lee.

Sounds a lot like this place! I am sure you were typing that with sarcasm

Sounds a lot like this place! I am sure you were typing that with sarcasm

not at all. the average bills fan can name more than their starting quarterback, linebacker and their now famous cornerback and former panther steve smith.

i would bet the average panther fan i talked to leading up to the super bowl could not name more than 4 players. the average panther fan could not discuss why josh norman was not a man to man cover guy.

the discussion with your average panther fan regarding next year:

them "panthers will win the super bowl next year because kevin benjamin is back!"

me "yes, but they lost their two starting defensive ends, starting cornerback and they do not have many answers."

them "they'll sign someone in free agency."

me "no, they have bene, he'll do good enough. they play zone coverage."

them "i can't believe they let steve smith and josh norman go."

me "this team will get better but they won't sin the super bowl next year unless they grow up a lot between now and them."

them "we will win the south."

me "the south is a dumpster fire, and the falcons beat you."

them "yeah but we have cam newton."

me "who else do you have?"

them " luke, and that kaylill guy, and that 88 - tall guy olsen. and josh norman. and ummm... well, there is cam."

me "kalil retired, norman left, and its kelvin benjamin."

panthers fans are among the lowest level of intelligence of all football fans en masse. it's hilarious. yet, even better because they carry their nose so high.

Not too long ago there were people screaming for Rivera to get fired.

Mmmm.

really. winning fixes everything. good for him. congrats to the Panthers for ignoring dumb fans and sticking with him... hmm.. maybe there is a message in this... I wonder.......

really. winning fixes everything. good for him. congrats to the Panthers for ignoring dumb fans and sticking with him... hmm.. maybe there is a message in this... I wonder.......

The Bills should never have fired Dick Jauron?

The Bills should never have fired Dick Jauron?

Jauron was an complete, utter disgrace.

Rex is just as bad. He has defensive linemen running backwards and jumping around like ballerinas, while telling us what "bullies" they are.

As bad as Jauron was, he was easier to tolerate than Rex, but of course this is jmo.