Rob Ryan says "Preston Brown is Gonna be a Star"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem very pleased with his progression those areas and it's something that's vital for the defense to succeed.

We know PB's pedigree. I believe he IS this type of player, but his 1st 2 seasons he played with Mario and Kyle in front of him. With Kyle missing so much of the season last year, Mario gone and now entering his 3rd season, I think this is natural for our starting LB to take the mantle.

It's hard to believe anyone could think Preston Brown is going to be much of a contributor to this defense while he is curled up in the fetal position, still stung by Rex's comments earlier this spring.

We know PB's pedigree. I believe he IS this type of player, but his 1st 2 seasons he played with Mario and Kyle in front of him. With Kyle missing so much of the season last year, Mario gone and now entering his 3rd season, I think this is natural for our starting LB to take the mantle.

^

This.

And as for Schwartz's coaching career, he was 22 games under .500 in his five years at Detroit. And as a DC, he had three really very good years - his last two in Tenn which helped get him the Detroit gig, and his one year in Buffalo.

1183qe8.jpg

And WRT Mario, maybe he was butt hurt about Ryan coming on board as his HC. Maybe he had flashbacks to his inaugural game with The Bills against the Jets on Sept. 9th, 2012 where he was shut out by All World OT Austin Howard who was elevated to a starter by Rex on August 23rd.

^

This.

And as for Schwartz's coaching career, he was 22 games under .500 in his five years at Detroit. And as a DC, he had three really very good years - his last two in Tenn which helped get him the Detroit gig, and his one year in Buffalo.

1183qe8.jpg

And WRT Mario, maybe he was butt hurt about Ryan coming on board as his HC. Maybe he had flashbacks to his inaugural game with The Bills against the Jets on Sept. 9th, 2012 where he was shut out by All World OT Austin Howard who was elevated to a starter by Rex on August 23rd.

I will never forget that game and all the hype going in.

PS

I think Brown and Ragland will tear it up this year.

No one will run up into the a-b gaps

Edited by 3rdand12

• 4 weeks later...

That's fair, but I saw what I saw. Maybe he's like Wade and just not HC material?

Very true. Schwartz seems like he can handle the Defensive side of the ball and even all those players. Schwartz struggled learning how to step away from that and into HC material. It did not help that Stafford is very inconsistent.