Scott Pioli's dream job is with the Giants.

Tom

Giant fans around here are mumbling rumors that he may go there.......

Dismantle that big Pat machine! :D

247380[/snapback]

The more people who leave New England the better. The interesting thing is that it has taken this long.

If it weren't for the rule saying that coaches who are in the playoffs can't accept coaching offers before their season ends, Weis and Crennel would have been gone last year.  Those will be 2 tough losses to bear.

247435[/snapback]

That's not true. They both interviewed last year with multiple teams and weren't offered a head coaching position.

That's because no one wanted to wait.  The Bills probably would have made Weis their next HC otherwise.

247649[/snapback]

We've gone from "would have" to "probably," so that's improvement, but I think you're still incorrect.

If one of them blew away an organization in their interview, Crennel and/or Weis would have gotten a job in early 2004. That didn't happen, so draw your own conclusions. Time probably was a factor, but stating that it was unequivocally the reason that both weren't hired is flat out wrong.

I don't believe for a second that Donahoe was hiring Weis if the Patriots had lost to Tennessee last year.

We've gone from "would have" to "probably," so that's improvement, but I think you're still incorrect.

If one of them blew away an organization in their interview, Crennel and/or Weis would have gotten a job in early 2004. That didn't happen, so draw your own conclusions. Time probably was a factor, but stating that it was unequivocally the reason that both weren't hired is flat out wrong.

I don't believe for a second that Donahoe was hiring Weis if the Patriots had lost to Tennessee last year.

Semantics. What I'm still saying is that had Weis or Crennel been free sometime during the playoffs, they would have gotten head coaching gigs. Crennel became a slam-dunk for the Browns with the way his defense performed despite multiple injuries. As it stood, Weis took the job with ND well before the playoffs ended, ostensibly because of what happened last year. And make no mistake, the Bills WOULD have hired him, even if the Pats had lost to Tennessee (and the Steelers did WHAT in the playoffs last year?).