Great Quotes

WotAGuy

Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later ... get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes" or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so," squish, just like grape.

--Mr. Miyagi

"Wax on, wax off" Jr.

:nana::D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two kinds of people who are staying on this beach: those who are dead and those who are going to die. Now let’s get the hell out of here. Brig. Gen. Taylor. I love the context of the quote.

Speak softly but carry a big stick. Roosevelt, I worked in pubs as a doorman...

But screw your courage to the sticking place and we will not fail. Lady McB

A cistern contains, a fountain overflows. Blake (.) it was awhile ago.

quotes are foolish. a homeless man on the corner smoking crack can provide a good quip.. actual insight in a shortened statement is rare, and often been said 1,000 times. poetry is much more amazing than simple quotes. also, for those who quote maya angelou, she literally may be the worst poet and most over celebrated hack ever. she was awful, not poetic, not artistic and simply a spasm of words strewn together when read to a rhythm that quite simply had no talent.

quotes are foolish. a homeless man on the corner smoking crack can provide a good quip.. actual insight in a shortened statement is rare, and often been said 1,000 times. poetry is much more amazing than simple quotes. also, for those who quote maya angelou, she literally may be the worst poet and most over celebrated hack ever. she was awful, not poetic, not artistic and simply a spasm of words strewn together when read to a rhythm that quite simply had no talent.

"A fine quotation is a diamond in the hand of a man of wit and a pebble in the hand of a fool. "
- Joseph Roux

A few of my favorites:

1. "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." - - Henry Ford

2. "Nothing is impossible, provided you use audacity." - - Gen. George S. Patton

3. "Little guys get in groups, big guys single file." - - A former team-mate of mine to opponents when things got chippy.

4. "Joel, you wanna know something? Every now and then, say 'What the f***.' 'What the f***' gives you freedom. Freedom brings opportunity. Opportunity makes your future." - - Miles

5. "It seemed like a good idea at the time." - - Me, sometimes, after saying 'What the f***'

"It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."