McKelvin tagged as Eagles top Corner

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're that thin at CB, they'd better hope Leo isn't getting involved in run support or tackling TE's much because he isn't the most durable cat. He can still cover and he'll get some picks.

His biggest adjustment is going to be dealing with those nasty Philly fans. Every corner gets beat, but not every fan base understands that. He'll start preferring road games by week 2.

:lol: Spoken for truth!

I like McKelvin, but if he's your #1 CB, your secondary is in trouble. I don't care if he's familiar with Schwartz system or not.

I like him too but that's not a good sign for the secondary if he's going to be the one to face Dez Bryant & OBJ twice this season.

Some of you guys seriously are underestimating McKelvin. He has turned into a good cover corner the last few years.

McKelvin runs hot and cold. But beyond that, he's had injury problems and is on the wrong side of 30.

McKelvin runs hot and cold. But beyond that, he's had injury problems and is on the wrong side of 30.

The age and injury thing is far. But he has been mostly hot as CB of late. I think some folks still hold the early part of his career against him. He might have been out best CB in 2014 before his injury. There's a reason Scheartz wanted him.

He is a pretty good corner when healthy, and he'll be a help in the secondary, but asking him to be a #1 corner at this stage of his career with his wear and tear plus injuries is asking a lot from a guy who's really better suited as a solid #2 corner.

He is a pretty good corner when healthy, and he'll be a help in the secondary, but asking him to be a #1 corner at this stage of his career with his wear and tear plus injuries is asking a lot from a guy who's really better suited as a solid #2 corner.

Besides a few elite guys, the #1 corner thing is a little overrated. Most teams aren't going to go one on one with guys like Julio Jones. Some teams also just keep their corners on the same side of the field anyways. McKelvin will be solid for them IMO.