McKelvin tagged as Eagles top Corner

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes!! I'm rooting for the Eagles as my NFC team to keep an eye on with Reich, Schwartz, and McKelvin and my favorite rookie QB of the bunch over there but the actually have the chance to be pretty bad this year at least they still have the ability to use Chip as a scapegoat for at least one more year.

Don't forget Bradham

Leo will make you pull your hair out, but he also will make your eyes pop out with some big plays. I rewatched the KC game from last year. He had one of the most impressive interceptions I have witnessed.

Philly game? 50/50 ball? Edited by YoloinOhio

Did Donnie Henderson follow McKelvin to Philly? I think that's the guy most responsible for his improved play.

tis true enough E

His inability to track the ball early in his career was really frustrating. How many long plays and TDs did he give up despite having near-perfect position?

Eventually, though, he became a solid CB. I think some fans probably under-appreciated him the past few years because they couldn't forget some of his mistakes but I was sad to see him go. He'd be an awesome backup to Gilmore and Darby.

I had hoped Bills would keep him. The fact he is a starting corner in Philly tells us he is respected outside of Buffalo

McKelvin should play safety. He can't track the ball while running downfield. He can run with anyone in the league. He would be great with his shoulders parallel to the LOS and running at the ball instead of with the WR.

Don't forget Bradham

Another 8 game wonder. He was a below average LB most of his time in Buffalo.

No ones happier about this than Browns fans, whose team holds the Iggles 1st round pick. Schwartz should be able to retool the secondary and get that defense playing well enough to get a serious look as the Iggles HC in 2-3 years when Pederson gets canned.

I'm kind of hoping Pegs brings Schwartz back next year after the Ryan Bros flame out

It's amazing how obsessed we are with mediocre former players and coaches here.

Schwartz wasn't a mediocre Defensive Coordinator. 2015 would have went alot different if Rex's ego didn't run Schwartz outta town

• 1 month later...

If they're that thin at CB, they'd better hope Leo isn't getting involved in run support or tackling TE's much because he isn't the most durable cat. He can still cover and he'll get some picks.

His biggest adjustment is going to be dealing with those nasty Philly fans. Every corner gets beat, but not every fan base understands that. He'll start preferring road games by week 2.

McKelvin played well in Schwartz's scheme before getting hurt. I won't be surprised if he does OK. I hope he does well for himself.

Fair counter to his critics. He certainly wasn't the liability on the field in the past few seasons he was in his first 5 or 6. Schwarz has had marginal corners off and on throughout his tenure. I'm sure he's got a plan.