McKelvin tagged as Eagles top Corner

Those threads are about something actually noteworthy. What's noteworthy about Fitz holding out for a bigger contract, or McKelvin fighting for a starting spot? Nothing other than that they were former starters here.

But keep on keeping on. I'll bow out, sorry for distracting.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear people haven't watched McKelvin the past 2.5 years but he has become a very solid corner corner. He always had great cover skills, he just lacked ball awareness. Under Schwartz in 2014, he had 4 INTs in 10 games before he got hurt.

Don't have him return punts and he's a good starter. Good for him.

Did Donnie Henderson follow McKelvin to Philly? I think that's the guy most responsible for his improved play.

Henderson is a great coach. McCkelvin has all the physical talent in the world. I think confidence and awareness are his biggest weaknesses.

Those threads are about something actually noteworthy. What's noteworthy about Fitz holding out for a bigger contract, or McKelvin fighting for a starting spot? Nothing other than that they were former starters here.

But keep on keeping on. I'll bow out, sorry for distracting.

Some people are interested in knowing what former Bills are up to. Hell, there's 9 billion pages of fans arguing that Fitz had a great year and deserves starter money. Not to mention he plays/played for a division rival. That's not noteworthy?

Sounds more like you had a narrative formed in your own head and ran with it.

Edited by FireChan

Say what you want about McLovin but he was playing lights out before he broke his ankle. He made some of the most athletic plays I have ever seen. Wish I could find a clip of the interception he made going over the top of the receiver.

Interesting. Looks like there's a huge OJ, Karlos, Ben Roethlisberger, Jordan Mills, Muhammad Wilkerson, Fletcher Cox and Art Briles obsession as well.

Not to mention a pretty severe obsession with steaks and steakhouses.

I swear people haven't watched McKelvin the past 2.5 years but he has become a very solid corner corner. He always had great cover skills, he just lacked ball awareness. Under Schwartz in 2014, he had 4 INTs in 10 games before he got hurt.

Don't have him return punts and he's a good starter. Good for him.

He's a decent corner. His problem has been more of inconsistentency than anything else. He'd look great on some plays and very much not so great on others. I get that every corner can get beat, but he's not quite put it all together consistiently enough for most to consider him starter material. Its not that he's an Iggles corner, it's that he's their #1 corner that is surprising. Edited by BarleyNY

Not to mention a pretty severe obsession with steaks and steakhouses.

He's a decent corner. His problem has been more of inconsistentency than anything else. He'd look great on some plays and very much not so great on others. I get that every corner can get beat, but he's not quite put it all together consistiently enough for most to consider him starter material. Its not that he's an Iggles corner, it's that he's their #1 corner that is surprising.

And analytics. All you learned folk with your math obsessions.

Leo as #1 CB will actually make them miss Byron maxwell. The image of burnt toast comes to mind. I really like Leo as a player in general but he has his place and #1 CB ain't it

Wait till he is 1 on 1 with Dez or OBJ or Desean Jackson

It's amazing how obsessed we are with mediocre former players and coaches here.

Mostly because no matter how mediocre they were, there is always some cadre who clings to the notion the player was underappreciated by Bills fans.

Say what you want about McLovin but he was playing lights out before he broke his ankle. He made some of the most athletic plays I have ever seen. Wish I could find a clip of the interception he made going over the top of the receiver.

His inability to track the ball early in his career was really frustrating. How many long plays and TDs did he give up despite having near-perfect position?

Eventually, though, he became a solid CB. I think some fans probably under-appreciated him the past few years because they couldn't forget some of his mistakes but I was sad to see him go. He'd be an awesome backup to Gilmore and Darby.