Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. X3mMvLXU_200x200.jpg

SABRES (20-19-9) at CANADIENS (29-14-7)

TUE JAN 31, 2017 @ 7:30 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 237)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 48 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 12 games
Josh Gorges (hip, Jan. 7; injured reserve) – 10 games
Jake McCabe (shoulder, Jan. 21) – 3 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Feb. 2: NY Rangers at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 4: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 6: Buffalo at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 7: San Jose at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 9: Anaheim at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at CANADIENS
This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Montreal 3-2 (OT) in Montreal on Jan. 21
Next meeting: Wednesday, April 5 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 6-4-0 on the road
This is the 274th game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 125-109-39 series record.
The Sabres are 54-70-13 on the road against the Canadiens all-time.

Morning Skate: January 31, 2017 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm at Bell Centre

@BuffaloSabres

Sabres identify "how we need to play," look to pick up where left off in games before break: http://bufsabres.co/5fpRSs

C3dXKDyWcAQwxPW.jpg

Coming out of #NHLAllStarNHL_Allstar.png break, the Sabres are focused on what they need to do. @duffersabres has the details: http://bufsabres.co/oGDEYe

C3dbtY-XAAEk0QE.jpg

@CanadiensMTL

The Canadiens were back to work on Monday and the clinic is starting to clear out. READ-> http://goha.bs/2kHUeCz

Anyone think we can get something of value for gionta at the deadline....wonder if anyone would be willing to part with a 2nd. He has been good this year.

most likely, and according to all reports, he is the most valuable trade piece (as a rental) on the team. 2nd might be high...but who knows.

It didn't take me long to turn the channel and watch the Wizards continue their 15 game home winning streak at the expense of the sorry arse Knicks. Too often the Sabres are tough to watch. My tolerance for mediocrity has gone down and my channel flipping has gone up.

I would like to share the viewing message that my buddy and I have come up with for Sabres games. We DVR the game and start watching one hour after actual puck drop. That way, we don't have to watch any commercials - we simply fast forward through them. We also fast forward through the intermissions.

When the other team gets a power-play we fast forward through it, only stopping if they score a goal. That way, we don't have any of the tension of watching the Sabres try to get possession and clear the puck. If the Sabres go down by two goals we fast-forward to see if the other team scores next or if the Sabres get one and get back into it.

If the Sabres cut it to a one goal deficit we begin watching regular time once again. We've been able to get in whole games with about a one-hour time commitment. Be cautioned, if you start using this method it will become impossible to go back to old-style viewing.

Las Vegas will be involved at the trade deadline. Might be interesting...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vegas-golden-knights-can-start-acquiring-players-around-march-1-151751070.html

That whole thing just makes my head hurt. The writer suggested that they could already make deals based on the expansion draft. How can they make those deals before a team has actually finalized their protection list? This takes the old "future considerations" clause to the extreme. I can see them trading draft picks for player rights, but not anything expansion draft related until the summer.

I can see them trading draft picks for player rights, but not anything expansion draft related until the summer.

That's the thing, it can be expansion draft related. there are deals that can be made where they agree not to take a certain player off an expansion list. Which sounds ridiculous, but that's how it reads. So the way I understand it, you can trade them a draft pick in exchange for them not touching a certain unprotected player. You might see quite a bit of these type of deals.

Edited by ricojes

That whole thing just makes my head hurt. The writer suggested that they could already make deals based on the expansion draft. How can they make those deals before a team has actually finalized their protection list? This takes the old "future considerations" clause to the extreme. I can see them trading draft picks for player rights, but not anything expansion draft related until the summer.

No deals for players currently playing on 2016/17 NHL rosters can be made according to that article.

No deals for players currently playing on 2016/17 NHL rosters can be made according to that article.

The article speculates on now being able to make side deals related who to take and not take in the expansion draft. That's the kind of thing that doesn't make any sense to me. There's too much uncertainty at this point. It's probably just a case of the writer not thinking too far ahead before putting it to words.

Talk about being a potential big player at the trading deadline! Every team that wants to make a trade will need to go to McPhee to determine whether he's got any future interest, and maybe lob a draft pick at him to keep his mitts off. He could wind up with half the second round.