Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

According to Article 8.6©(iv) of the CBA, the drafting club shall retain exclusive rights for the negotiation of his services until the later of: (a) the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, or (b) thirty (30) days after NHL Central Registry receives notice that the player is no longer a bona fide college student.

In other words, he makes this announcement with the sole intention of heading to free agency. If your plan is to sign with Buffalo, the first announcement made is that you signed.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In other words, he makes this announcement with the sole intention of heading to free agency. If your plan is to sign with Buffalo, the first announcement made is that you signed.

Well signing with Buffalo has seemed like the black plague lately. We saw it with Vesey and had to wait an eternity for a marginal Russian to sign a minimal deal. I thought it was the caustic prickish Murray keeping people away and I'm sure he had something to do with it but I'm starting to think there is something else.

Well signing with Buffalo has seemed like the black plague lately. We saw it with Vesey and had to wait an eternity for a marginal Russian to sign a minimal deal. I thought it was the caustic prickish Murray keeping people away and I'm sure he had something to do with it but I'm starting to think there is something else.

Yeah, that was such a long wait to sign Antipin, what with his pesky little existing contract in the way. Even the law is out to screw over the Sabres.

@DarrenDreger

Darren Dreger Retweeted Pierre LeBrun

Botterill has also started advising the candidates he has spoken to they're not getting the job. Hoping to hire before draft.

@PierreVLeBrun

Hearing that Bob Boughner interviewed with Sabres GM Jason Botterill yesterday...

@WGR550

ICYMI: TSN's Craig Button joined Howard and Jeremy this morning with a look ahead to the NHL Draft: http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/05-31-tsns-craig-button-howard-and-jeremymp3

According to Article 8.6©(iv) of the CBA, the drafting club shall retain exclusive rights for the negotiation of his services until the later of: (a) the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, or (b) thirty (30) days after NHL Central Registry receives notice that the player is no longer a bona fide college student.

What is this "or"? Wouldn't that mean that Eichel could have left BU after one year, and signed with anybody after 30 days?

What the hell am I not getting here?

What is this "or"? Wouldn't that mean that Eichel could have left BU after one year, and signed with anybody after 30 days?

I didn't include the entire rule. The 30 day rule only applies AFTER the 4th June 1st of your draft.

That's for the guy who sticks around college beyond that four year mark. Petersen would have been that guy if he had stayed for his senior year. As for Eichel, you missed the very important portion of the CBA quote where it says the later of the two scenarios.

@john_wawrow

#Sabres GM Botterill tells AP that he, Andrew Allen and staff have had good talks with Cal Petersen already and talks will continue.

I'm really of the opinion that this is no big deal. Good goalies are a dime a dozen and finding one that is in the grove, playing way out of their mind at the right time (playoffs) is just a matter of luck. Today's great goalie is tomorrows loser and vice versa

I'm really of the opinion that this is no big deal. Good goalies are a dime a dozen and finding one that is in the grove, playing way out of their mind at the right time (playoffs) is just a matter of luck. Today's great goalie is tomorrows loser and vice versa

Well neck tattoo ain't cutting it.

He was awful in SO's, but he finished 10th in the NHL in save percentage; he's hardly the team's biggest issue.

Spectacular games followed by complete crap where he blows up both technically and mentally. He is a psychotic and will not sustain for 80 games and/or playoffs. Another Murray mis-read and a bad one.

I don't really care how he is in shootouts all that much. It isn't his fault the dumb rule is in place. I suppose it would help if he got better in that phase but the bigger concern is his mental instability leading to inconsistency. That's another in the long list of Murray losing formulas.

Edited by 4merper4mer

@DaveDavisHockey

Friedman says the Kings are interested in Evander Kane, and that Buffalo is willing to do it for the right price.

That's such an odd way of reporting it. Don't they say that about every single player, "if the price is right"?