Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

I have not listened to the above link yet, but see on the ESON scroll Vatanan and Lindholm both need shoulder surgery and both will miss start of next season. Hmm, wonder how that affects the Ducks plans and any potential trades involving their D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ECHL team the Sabres contributed to last year down here in Elmira had the worst record int he league by far and folded after the season. Thanks Sabres

I didn't see it posted yet but Sabres canned Dan Lambert so need a AHL coach too.

The ECHL team the Sabres contributed to last year down here in Elmira had the worst record int he league by far and folded after the season. Thanks Sabres

I didn't see it posted yet but Sabres canned Dan Lambert so need a AHL coach too.

I had thought the Pegulas bought the Elmira team a few years ago. I guess not?

I had thought the Pegulas bought the Elmira team a few years ago. I guess not?

bbb... nope Elmira became their affiliate a few years ago and got crap for players and as I said last year had the worse team in the league. Not surprising since the Amerks sucked also. All these draft picks both minor league teams miss the playoffs again, where are they?

bbb... nope Elmira became their affiliate a few years ago and got crap for players and as I said last year had the worse team in the league. Not surprising since the Amerks sucked also. All these draft picks both minor league teams miss the playoffs again, where are they?

That sucks that they folded. During the tank years, all I kept reading about was all this talent in the pipeline...........Any chance that Elmira will get another team soon? I think Binghamton folded but got the Albany team right away in the AHL.

Cal Petersen announces he’s turning pro

Cal Petersen has announced he's leaving Notre Dame. I would expect him to sign with Sabres based on my chat with Eichel today.

https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/870019670769680384

interesting..obviously, i do not know Petersen, but my gut(which is rather copious and most times wrong) told me if the NHL stayed away from the Olympics he would stay in school and play for the US.

If this is true, think it helps that GMTM is gone and so is his loyalty to Lehner.

Cal Petersen announces he’s turning pro

Cal Petersen has announced he's leaving Notre Dame. I would expect him to sign with Sabres based on my chat with Eichel today.

https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/870019670769680384

@Buccigross

Bucci Mane Retweeted Notre Dame Hockey

Word out there is he will not sign with @BuffaloSabres and become a Free Agent but things sometimes change with the kids.

NCAA rules are much different. Remember the Jimmy Vesey sweepstakes?

Yeah, I thought he played 4 years at Harvard? I thought with Eichel, his choice was to sign with the Sabres or play 3 more years at BU?

Yeah, I thought he played 4 years at Harvard? I thought with Eichel, his choice was to sign with the Sabres or play 3 more years at BU?

It's been actually 4 years since the Sabres drafted Petersen. With him declaring for the pros, they'll have 30 days to sign him. Would have held his rights for another year if he was headed back to ND.

It's been actually 4 years since the Sabres drafted Petersen. With him declaring for the pros, they'll have 30 days to sign him. Would have held his rights for another year if he was headed back to ND.

So the rule is 4 years you have the rights?...............If he went back to ND, we'd be in the same position next year. That's why I was hoping he wasn't going back - I thought that meant he would definitely be coming to the Sabres. I thought next year was the only way he'd be a free agent.

According to Article 8.6©(iv) of the CBA, the drafting club shall retain exclusive rights for the negotiation of his services until the later of: (a) the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, or (b) thirty (30) days after NHL Central Registry receives notice that the player is no longer a bona fide college student.