Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Ryan O'Reilly wants more from himself, Sabres -

https://www.nhl.com/news/buffalos-ryan-oreilly-looking-for-bounceback/c-289411878

Interesting read. Sounds like Okposo really stepped up as a leader at the end of the year. ROR really seems to respect him. I've heard him talk about Okposo multiple times now.

Also sounds like ROR really wants to step up as a leader. I've heard him say this before though. Hopefully he does this time. IMO We need some guys to step up as leaders and hold people accountable on a daily basis. There were too many guys doing their own thing last year.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@BuffNewsVogl

It's too early to say who Jason Botterill will hire, but here's what the GM is looking for in Sabres' next coach.

https://t.co/fKKMRMQLm6

@NICK_WKBW

You guessed it: #Sabres GM Jason Botterill has a connection with #Caps associate coach Todd Reirden - http://www.wkbw.com/sports/sabres/report-caps-assistant-todd-reirden-candidate-for-sabres-head-coach

Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts for this week has lots of Sabres information in it: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-st-louis-target-eberle-scoring-help/

Thoughts 18-23 are Sabres' related.

This one is good to hear:

22. Over at the World Championships, the vultures circled, wondering if the changes in Buffalo meant defenceman Viktor Antipin would waver on his decision to join the Sabres. But it sounds like he’s sticking with his original decision. Not for lack of trying.

This one is good to hear:

22. Over at the World Championships, the vultures circled, wondering if the changes in Buffalo meant defenceman Viktor Antipin would waver on his decision to join the Sabres. But it sounds like he’s sticking with his original decision. Not for lack of trying.

He was named Player of the Game for Russia today in the game against the USA.

Eichel assisted on the GWG in the 3rd...

Nice. Sorry I missed it. Paul Hamiltion suggested Eichel is less than 100%. I haven't watched any of the games, did he get injured or something?

Nice. Sorry I missed it. Paul Hamiltion suggested Eichel is less than 100%. I haven't watched any of the games, did he get injured or something?

Dunno, I wasn't watching.

I wonder how motivated some guys can be in a meaningless tournament like this when they're about to be able to sign a new contract.

I wonder how motivated some guys can be in a meaningless tournament like this when they're about to be able to sign a new contract.

Always surprises me to see a guy like Nick Backstrom go right from a crushing game 7 loss right to the Worlds. I think for the Euros, these trnys are not meaningless . Be interesting to see if Antipin signs or waiters till after the Olympics

Always surprises me to see a guy like Nick Backstrom go right from a crushing game 7 loss right to the Worlds. I think for the Euros, these trnys are not meaningless . Be interesting to see if Antipin signs or waiters till after the Olympics

I agree with you. When I say stuff like this I'm usually compared to Don Cherry.

I think this issue is a minor factor in the Capitals' repeated playoff exits.

@A_Kalnins

Antipin and Sabres talked recently and nothing has changed, expect him to sign with the Sabres.

@WGR550

ICYMI: @IgorEronko joined Howard and Jeremy this morning to talk about Viktor Antipin: #Sabres http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/05-19-igor-eronko-howard-and-jeremy-viktor-antipinmp3

Some fringe Russian is not gong to solve all of those problems.

It sucks watching Fowler play so well knowing douche bag Murray could have had hm for a song. Instead we got Kulikov and that was suppose dot be enough. I'm so gad Murray is gone. He'll get recycled somewhere because of nepotism an it will be hysterical.

It sucks watching Fowler play so well knowing douche bag Murray could have had hm for a song. Instead we got Kulikov and that was suppose dot be enough. I'm so gad Murray is gone. He'll get recycled somewhere because of nepotism an it will be hysterical.

Fowler or Nylander...sure seems like a nobrainer now, but maybe Nylander becomes a difference maker as well.

Fowler or Nylander...sure seems like a nobrainer now, but maybe Nylander becomes a difference maker as well.

If the Sabres now made a deal of trading Nylander for Fowler I would be very upset. In another year or so Nylander is going to be a very good top two line player. I think sometime next season if he starts in Rocherster and with an in season call-up he is going to be a contributing player.

There is no doubt that Fowler is a very good player. But by adding a few good defensemen, starting with Guhle, Antipin, and maybe Nelson from Rochester the defense can improve enough to being respectable instead of a major liability.

Although Bogosian has been a disappointment by adjusting his game from being a banger to more of a finesse player he could contribute as a third pairing defenseman.

I think you're selling him short. He sure looks like a solid top-4 D-man to most observers.

I think you're selling him short. He sure looks like a solid top-4 D-man to most observers.

I get it, but he is only one guy. The Sabres need about 8 more top 6 defenseman thanks to Murray. So glad that idiot is gone.