Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They were just waiting for the Caps/Pens series to end to formally introduce him as GM. Let's see how this one goes.....

I like it for no reason other than the uncertainty that comes with any GM change. We have no idea what kind of moves he might like to make and it makes for a more interesting offseason.

We like this, right?

I like it a lot. The Pegulas went out and got someone who was very sound. All the people they considered were very respected upcoming talents. They didn't try to out think and out smart everyone. The owners were focused on the task at hand and they made a good decision.

Excited about the Botterill hire. Seems like a smart and well rounded GM candidate.

You never know about a GM until you see the moves/trades he makes and give things time to play out. But I am definitely hopeful about this hire.

Penguins fans were pretty upset about losing him too, that's usually a good sign. They were really hoping we'd take Bill Guerin instead...

I'm still worried about those shootouts. They could certainly be the difference between playoffs and a lottery pick in '18

Nylander is going to help on the offensive side of them, playing anyone but Lehner between the pipes will take care of the rest.

Love the Boterill hire. Between him and Beene Buffalo now has two of the top young analytical minds in all of pro sports leading their franchises.

Wait, what? How on earth can they justify that? I see in a TSN link that there's some contractual thing where all Rag home games need to be at MSG, but that's just odd. I wonder if they split the gate differently between home and visitor teams in these games.

Who was the Bills team president that thought playing home games in another city for $'s was a good idea?

Who is the Sabres team president?

Why if losing home field advantage for 12.5% of your home games for $'s wasn't a big deal would losing ~2.4% of your home games for $'s AND exposure be a big deal?

Thanks, Russ. <_<

Who was the Bills team president that thought playing home games in another city for $'s was a good idea?

Who is the Sabres team president?

Why if losing home field advantage for 12.5% of your home games for $'s wasn't a big deal would losing ~2.4% of your home games for $'s AND exposure be a big deal?

Thanks, Russ. <_<

I don't think it's a big deal to most of the fans to lose one game at home. The crazy thing is playing a "home game" deep in the heart of another team's market.

I don't think it's a big deal to most of the fans to lose one game at home. The crazy thing is playing a "home game" deep in the heart of another team's market.

My issue is they are giving up home ice advantage in a season they will be battling for one of the last playoff spots. If this ends up essentially throwing 2 points away, how badly will it end up biting them in the behind? Those 2 points could literally be the difference between a playoff birth & an early golf outing.

I hate that the business department oversees hockey & not the other way 'round.

My issue is they are giving up home ice advantage in a season they will be battling for one of the last playoff spots. If this ends up essentially throwing 2 points away, how badly will it end up biting them in the behind? Those 2 points could literally be the difference between a playoff birth & an early golf outing.

I hate that the business department oversees hockey & not the other way 'round.

If we're going to talk about a single game, I think there's a much bigger factor than giving up home ice. I'd be more concerned about playing a game under completely different conditions than the other 81. Weather, sun, ice conditions... there are so many variables in place with these outdoor games where they're not really a regulation NHL game anymore. I still think they need to scrape the whole outdoor regular season game and instead use that for the all star game. But yes, I know this idea has no chance because there's way too much money to be made.

If we're going to talk about a single game, I think there's a much bigger factor than giving up home ice. I'd be more concerned about playing a game under completely different conditions than the other 81. Weather, sun, ice conditions... there are so many variables in place with these outdoor games where they're not really a regulation NHL game anymore. I still think they need to scrape the whole outdoor regular season game and instead use that for the all star game. But yes, I know this idea has no chance because there's way too much money to be made.

And don't think for a second the the team president didn't wrangle some concession along this line to sell out his fans.