Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The NHL is a regressive league to say the least. Teams constantly denying coaches, asst. GMs, etc., the opportunity to interview with other teams who may want to promote them to higher positions.

You disliked him in 2006?

Yep. He played well, but I wasn't a fan of him.

Didn't like him in Colorado before he got to Buffalo, or when he was with NYR either.

And I recognize that I've really got no good basis for this.

Yep. He played well, but I wasn't a fan of him.

Didn't like him in Colorado before he got to Buffalo, or when he was with NYR either.

And I recognize that I've really got no good basis for this.

I am in same boat...he just always looked cranky, never happy.

I am in same boat...he just always looked cranky, never happy.

That's because he was one of the most intense competitors, regardless of sport, that ever competed. That same look was on his face when when he pitched and hit his team to the little league World Series title nearly 30 years ago. Too bad Quinn and Golisano screwed him like they did; cut the heart right out of the Sabres and we haven't been the same since. I'm not sure how that kind of edge lends itself to being a GM, but I'd like to find out someday. Maybe he's another Stevie Y waiting to happen.

That's because he was one of the most intense competitors, regardless of sport, that ever competed. That same look was on his face when when he pitched and hit his team to the little league World Series title nearly 30 years ago. Too bad Quinn and Golisano screwed him like they did; cut the heart right out of the Sabres and we haven't been the same since. I'm not sure how that kind of edge lends itself to being a GM, but I'd like to find out someday. Maybe he's another Stevie Y waiting to happen.

How did Quinn and Golisano screw him? I thought they were putting all their marbles into Drury, causing Briere to leave, and then he spurned them?

I hate this !@#$ing draft lottery so damn much.

We fall 2 spots. I guess at least we didn't fall the full 3 spots... grr.

Vancouver has our type,of luck too. 2nd year in a row they were pushed down 2 spots, from 3 to 5.

New Jersey gets #1. At least it wasn't Philly!

NJ needs that pick desperately. Well, that made things a little better at least.