Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

This is interesting...first mock expansion draft i have seen.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/19015985/nhl-vegas-golden-knights-mock-draft-based-players-left-unprotected-their-teams

couple of things jumped out at me.

1) They must be thinking Sabres will be sending other assets to Vegas to get the like of Matty Mo or Gorges off our roster.

2) I have almost always criticized the McNabb trade, but every one of these guys have him getting drafted, so obviously unprotected, so obviously maybe not as good as I thnk.

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is interesting...first mock expansion draft i have seen.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/19015985/nhl-vegas-golden-knights-mock-draft-based-players-left-unprotected-their-teams

couple of things jumped out at me.

1) They must be thinking Sabres will be sending other assets to Vegas to get the like of Matty Mo or Gorges off our roster.

2) I have almost always criticized the McNabb trade, but every one of these guys have him getting drafted, so obviously unprotected, so obviously maybe not as good as I thnk.

I wouldn't say it's because he's bad, it's just that he's not a top 3 guy. I'm not going to say he'd make us so much better, but this team could use one or two more 3-6 guys back there.

An interesting factoid. Going into Gio's 1,000 game last night, he had 585 career points. And those of you from WNY know that 585 is Rochester's area code, his hometown.

Very special for him to score a goal last night and congratulations Gio!

But he completely ruined the zipcode thing, unless he plans on moving to Michigan.

Holy crap, if he had Rochester's zipcode, he'd be the greatest NHL player ever :lol:

That'll be Eichel's goal. They start with a zero out there in MA, so he only needs to put up Gretzky-like numbers. Totally realistic.

the advanced guys will tell you possession numbers with Risto are awful and other team gets way more shots because of it...if Sabres have another strong effort tonight and then lose when Risto comes back, you will strat to hear this more and more.

Risto sucks! You guys should trade him to the Leafs!

Plenty of Jack Eichel in this week's 30 thoughts from Elliotte Friedman:

@FriedgeHNIC

The NHL’s top two scorers since Feb. 1 are Tampa’s Nikita Kucherov (36 points) and Buffalo’s Jack Eichel (34). Maybe that’s not a coincidence. “He is probably my favourite player in the league,” Eichel said of Kucherov during a conversation last Friday. “The subtle plays he makes. One thing he does really well is shoot through a screen. He can pick a small corner through both the screener and the goalie and put it there. That’s something I’d like to do, too.”

Eichel said he watches more now, both for personal use and for fun. “If I’m not happy about my game, think I missed something or had a bad night…I’ll get my shifts right away and look. Last year, living with Matt Moulson, I didn’t watch much (for fun). Now, on my own, I do.” He named Sidney Crosby and Patrick Kane as others he studies. I don’t know if it can be quantified, but there’s something about players who watch more games. Teams definitely like to hear that. They think it makes a difference.

More in the actual link.

@BuffaloSabres

We could see a change at forward due to an illness - catch up on game night updates 25b6.pnghttp://bufsabres.co/dkKIK8

C8CYO2aWkAAJG_B.jpg

Projected Lineup

9 Evander Kane - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 63 Tyler Ennis
82 Marcus Foligno - 15 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
48 William Carrier - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 12 Brian Gionta
44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 26 Matt Moulson

29 Jake McCabe - 77 Dmitry Kulikov
67 Brady Austin - 47 Zach Bogosian
4 Josh Gorges - 41 Justin Falk

31 Anders Nilsson
40 Robin Lehner

@BuffaloSabres

TONIGHT: Our game will be live streamed on Twitter! Where to watch 25b6.pnghttps://nhl.twitter.com Note: Blackout restrictions may apply.

C8BgarXX0AIYMB1.jpg

Even in jest I do not allow Kane trade talk. Stop it! :lol:

If Bylsm had a mule on his farm you can be sure that it would be broken and beaten down by the time the plowing season was over with.

I watched the game. Even without Risto the defense played a basic game that overall was solid. Nothing special but nothing damaging. Kulikov and Bogo played well. If this team would have had this type of blue line play all season our late season games would have a lot more meaning.

Every time this season I thought the defense played well, they were conscientiously keeping the crease open for Lehner to get good looks at shots coming in. Sounds basic but this only seems to happen half the time. I don't think either the defense is capable of helping Lehner game in and game out, nor can Lehner overcome poor play in the defensive zone.

watching this game semi live...WTF up with 23?

(edit) posted that in first, now in 3rd, Samson dressed and on bench, not one shift.

Don't get it

Game over..columbus only 29 shots according to GR...3rd game in a row shots against way down..hmmm

" Sam violated team policy" so you dress him and sit him all game?????

Anyone else think that weird?

Edited by plenzmd1

Plenty of Jack Eichel in this week's 30 thoughts from Elliotte Friedman:

@FriedgeHNIC

30 Thoughts:https://t.co/UKBe4Z4IF3

More in the actual link.

How many games have the Sabres played since February 1st?

watching this game semi live...WTF up with 23?

Why do hockey people post the number instead of the name? I know 23, but I I don't know a lot of numbers and it drives me nuts on twitter when people do that. I don't think I could offhand name 10 Bills numbers, and the Bonnies season just ended up and I can only think of about 5 players numbers.............The Sabres I'm probably at about 7.