Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Jack tries hard. But the whole team was out of sync tonight. They couldn't put together two passes to save their lives. Devils just looked better. At least Lehner is starting to play like a #1. That have could have been much uglier were it not for him.

The reality is this team is not making the playoffs. The goal now is to just finish above 85 points so they can point to improvement (81 last year) and say Jack's injury set them back.

There is a brand of bottled up hockey that kills the flow of the game. This game was an example of it. I'm not blaming the Sabres for their play in this game. It wasn't the best effort but they were playing against a style of play that has to be frustrating to play against. Although I do like hockey and avidly follow the Sabres I switched the channel to watch a NBA game that turned into a classic game, the OT game between the Wizards and Cavaliers.

I don't know what the solution is? Make more obstruction calls? I'm not even sure if the rule applies. This type of clogging the middle with everyone in a defensive mode is bogging down the game and making it unappealing to watch. People who pay good money to watch this aggravating style of game are being fleeced. There is no entertainment value to that type of game that is intensely coached into the team.

The purpose of this inhibiting style of play is obvious. It is to suppress the exhibition of talent of the other team. The irony with the Devils is that they do have some talent on their roster but it is submerged by the philosophy they play by. I'm not putting up with it. I'm turning the channel and watching something else or do something else. Garbage is garbage.

Since we always seem to win after my posts of doom, here it is: 3rd in 4 nights and the second of back to backs, having to travel late to face a waiting, rested, and red hot Sharks team. Sabres have no chance tonight.

Since we always seem to win after my posts of doom, here it is: 3rd in 4 nights and the second of back to backs, having to travel late to face a waiting, rested, and red hot Sharks team. Sabres have no chance tonight.

As a public service could you ferociously root against the Bills?

@WGR550

Bruins fire head coach Julien http://bit.ly/2lfJMGg

I want him NOW!

another 3 in 4 and 4 in 6 coming up starting Thursday.

This week off the players negotiated makes no sense to me...I get they wanted a week off to vacation time and rest their bodies a bit in the middle of the season, but this 12 in 20 days ( i think that what it is) is just insane. Can't believe a week off after that is more beneficial that spreading those 12 games over 27 days.

And crimminy...don't feed me the vacation crap...most players have 3 months off at a minimum to vacation..price of playing a pro sport.

Not so fast. Sabres seem to have some weird spell over us.

http://eishockey.wettpoint.com/en/h2h/5564-5541.html

Last 10. Strangest thing. I personally gone to see the Sharks lose to the Sabres twice in San Jose.

A 2016/02/26 Buffalo Sabres 3 - San Jose Sharks 1 W

H 2015/11/14 Buffalo Sabres 1 - San Jose Sharks 2 (OT) L

H 2014/11/18 Buffalo Sabres 4 - San Jose Sharks 1 W

A 2014/10/25 Buffalo Sabres 2 - San Jose Sharks 1 W

H 2014/02/28 Buffalo Sabres 4 - San Jose Sharks 2 W

A 2013/11/05 Buffalo Sabres 5 - San Jose Sharks 4 (SO) W

A 2012/03/01 Buffalo Sabres 1 - San Jose Sharks 0 W

A 2011/01/06 Buffalo Sabres 3 - San Jose Sharks 0 W

H 2010/12/09 Buffalo Sabres 6 - San Jose Sharks 3 W

H 2010/02/13 Buffalo Sabres 3 - San Jose Sharks 1 W

I want him NOW!

another 3 in 4 and 4 in 6 coming up starting Thursday.

This week off the players negotiated makes no sense to me...I get they wanted a week off to vacation time and rest their bodies a bit in the middle of the season, but this 12 in 20 days ( i think that what it is) is just insane. Can't believe a week off after that is more beneficial that spreading those 12 games over 27 days.

And crimminy...don't feed me the vacation crap...most players have 3 months off at a minimum to vacation..price of playing a pro sport.

I used to think it was funny that Muckler would take a vacation in the middle of the season, when he was the head coach.

Oh man, the timing of this is terrible for us. I just can't see the team ditching DD after 2 seasons, and it's rare when a coach of his caliber becomes available.

I can, just root for another tank.

I cant believe i am going to say this...but that was the most exciting Sabre season in the last 5 years...man i was on pins and needles for games that year..this year i watch at 4 AM and speed through most of the games.

Edited by plenzmd1

FWIW, there is a San Jose, Illinois. I know somebody from there. You know how they pronouce the name? San Jo-sea

Sunnof mutha #¡/+*% sh## !!! Every time the Sabres play the Sharks, I can't get that pronunciation out of my head. I am scarred for life!

LoL! :-/

Go Swords!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Trade Kane? Nope!

Do you finally see what I have been talking about? Zealotry isn't necessarily irrationality!

When the replay was shown in Kane's crash into the wall it looked like he was hurt. Hopefully, he is okay with no lingering effects.

I was worried that the Sabres had tired legs after yesterday's road game with Jersey. It seemed that way for two periods where the rested Sharks were much more lively on the ice. The Sabres got their juice back in the third period and played with desperation. It was a good win.

The observation was made by Rob Ray and it was a keen point. The Sabres need to shoot the puck more instead of trying to make the precise pass. When things are not happening then just throw the puck on net and hope to get lucky.

The attached link shows Kanes winning goal. That was a full speed crash.

https://www.nhl.com/video/kane-roofs-game-winner-in-ot/t-277350912/c-49211303

Edited by JohnC