Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They did? Lundqvist saved them on many occasions as the Sabres had several premium scoring opportunities.

I agree. The Sabres had the higher quality scoring chances but King Henrich was terrific. Lehner has actually had a pretty darn good season thus far, despite the obvious defensive problems in front of him. Like all goalies, he has off nights but they're becoming more rare.

I think we're far too quick to give up on young, inexperienced players. Consistency is part of the process. Lehner still needs to work on his conditioning so he doesn't miss so many games but he is playing well.

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. 7sEdcgP5_200x200.jpg

SABRES (21-20-10) at DEVILS (22-21-10)

MON FEB 6, 2017 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 249)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 51 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 15 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4) – 1 game
Zach Bogosian (ribs, Feb. 4) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/4: Activated D Josh Gorges; Recalled F Justin Bailey from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Cal O’Reilly to Rochester

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Feb. 7: San Jose at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 9: Anaheim at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 11: Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 12: Vancouver at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 14: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at DEVILS
This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Devils this season.
Last meeting: New Jersey defeated Buffalo 4-2 in New Jersey on Nov. 12
The Sabres are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Devils; 4-3-3 on the road.
This is the 151st game all-time between Buffalo and New Jersey; Buffalo has a 74-50-26 series record.
The Sabres are 34-25-15 on the road against the Devils all-time.

Morning Skate: February 6, 2017 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm at Prudential Center

@BuffaloSabres

Instant impact: McCabe, Gorges contribute in first game back - http://bufsabres.co/ey9DDV

C37nyfeVMAAF1vU.jpg

@BuffaloSabres

1f526.png Spotlight on @JustinBailey95: He's the subject of today's Sabres in :90. http://bufsabres.co/rUXVeW

C374bL6UMAA0Llo.jpg
C374bL7UcAAS3Ij.jpg

What do we do with Jack and his love for all things Pats,Brady, and Boston???? Maybe therein lies a reason we get smoked by the B's???

We salute him and the Patriots. They are an organization predicated on intelligence and accountability. The Bills are an organization whose ethos is incompetence and laxity. You model yourself on those who know how to succeed and not those who function in an environment of chaos and mediocrity. Any organization that hires Rex Ryan to be its HC forfeits its right to be taken seriously.

Again, congratulation to Boston Jack and the Patriots. Roger Goodell acted like a raging third world potentate in the deflategate saga. He handing over the Lombardi Trohphy to Kraft made him look small. I also salute Kraft's pithy but sharp comments when he received the trophy.

We salute him and the Patriots. They are an organization predicated on intelligence and accountability. The Bills are an organization whose ethos is incompetence and laxity. You model yourself on those who know how to succeed and not those who function in an environment of chaos and mediocrity. Any organization that hires Rex Ryan to be its HC forfeits its right to be taken seriously.

Again, congratulation to Boston Jack and the Patriots. Roger Goodell acted like a raging third world potentate in the deflategate saga. He handing over the Lombardi Trohphy to Kraft made him look small. I also salute Kraft's pithy but sharp comments when he received the trophy.

All I can say is neutral zone trap.

All I can say is neutral zone trap.

You are trying to provoke me! You know very dam well that the mention of the phrase neutral trap is a stimulus that makes me react with revulsion. You are a sly provocateur! Just because of your antagonism I will escalate my Evander Kane must stay campaign to an even more zealous level. :pirate:

You are trying to provoke me! You know very dam well that the mention of the phrase neutral trap is a stimulus that makes me react with revulsion. You are a sly provocateur! Just because of your antagonism I will escalate my Evander Kane must stay campaign to an even more zealous level. :pirate:

Just lay off the salutes to the Super Bowl champs and I won't bring up the trap. Deal?

You can keep up with your Kane love. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Just lay off the salutes to the Super Bowl champs and I won't bring up the trap. Deal?

You can keep up with your Kane love. I don't think he's going anywhere.

No deal. I respect the best and will acknowledge the best. Being a Bills fan I am awed at what the Bean Towners have accomplished and on the other hand am contemptuous of the hometown team's ineptitude. It's shameful and embarrassing.

Can you come up with any other more reasonable conditions that I can abide by?

No deal. I respect the best and will acknowledge the best. Being a Bills fan I am awed at what the Bean Towners have accomplished and on the other hand am contemptuous of the hometown team's ineptitude. It's shameful and embarrassing.

Nope. No deal is no deal. Not only that, but on top of it you went right back to pasting the flowers on the parade float.

Go spend a few hours with their fans. You'll change your tune quickly

All teams have good fans and all teams have bad fans.

Pick the "median" fan of the Bills and the "median" fan of the Pats and I can almost guarantee the Bills fans knows more about Pats history than the Pats fan.

Being around a battered and bruised and delusional fan base is depressing enough. I prefer to be in seclusion.

Nope. No deal is no deal. Not only that, but on top of it you went right back to pasting the flowers on the parade float.

The only parade being held in Buffalo has to do with the Polish, Italian and Irish pride day in their respective segregated communities.

I tried watching the Jersey/Buffalo game. I can't stomach the Jersey style of play that kills the flow of the game. Whether it is called trapping hockey, defensive hockey or tight hockey it is too unpalatable to watch. I turned the station and watched a classic NBA game that went into overtime between the Wizards and Cavaliers. LeBron made an incredible shot to put the game into overtime where they then won the game.

SanJoseSharksLogoSmileySize.pngVS. BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

SHARKS (33-17-3) at SABRES (21-21-10)

TUE FEB 7, 2017 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 253)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 52 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 16 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4) – 2 games
Zach Bogosian (ribs, Feb. 4) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/4: Activated D Josh Gorges; Recalled F Justin Bailey from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Cal O’Reilly to Rochester
2/6: Signed D Justin Falk to a one-year contract extension worth $650,000; Claimed F Derek Grant off waivers from Nashville; Assigned Grant to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Feb. 9: Anaheim at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 11: Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 12: Vancouver at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 14: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 16: Colorado at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SHARKS at SABRES
This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Sharks this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated San Jose 3-1 in San Jose on Feb. 26, 2016
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 14 in San Jose
The Sabres are 9-0-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Sharks; 8-1-1 at home
This is the 36th game all-time between Buffalo and San Jose; Buffalo has a 23-6-6 series record.
The Sabres are 16-1-1 at home against the Sharks all-time.

Morning Skate: February 7, 2017 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am at KeyBank Center

Was looking at StubHub. $25 for lower bowl tickets in the Sabres shoot-twice end. About a four-hour drive for me. If I had planned sooner I could have went.

Lots of Sabres fans on that end.

I don't get this team. I don't think it's only the talent. They don't play inspired at all. Jack just sleep skates along.

Lots of Sabres fans on that end.

I don't get this team. I don't think it's only the talent. They don't play inspired at all. Jack just sleep skates along.

I think Jack tries hard. But the whole team was out of sync tonight. They couldn't put together two passes to save their lives. Devils just looked better. At least Lehner is starting to play like a #1. That have could have been much uglier were it not for him.

The reality is this team is not making the playoffs. The goal now is to just finish above 85 points so they can point to improvement (81 last year) and say Jack's injury set them back.

I think Jack tries hard. But the whole team was out of sync tonight. They couldn't put together two passes to save their lives. Devils just looked better. At least Lehner is starting to play like a #1. That have could have been much uglier were it not for him.

The reality is this team is not making the playoffs. The goal now is to just finish above 85 points so they can point to improvement (81 last year) and say Jack's injury set them back.

NorthEast is brutal, but close... Put together a nice run... 7,8 games and they could find themselves in 2nd or 3rd in NorthEast.

Giving the other division (Metropolitan) and how bloated points are there, WC may not be an option.

Just keep on beating Division opponents, especially in regulation!

6 only separate Leafs (game in hand) from dipping in and out of top 3 in division.