Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

k0a8FJ3A_200x200.jpgVS. 7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

RANGERS (31-18-1) at SABRES (20-20-9)

THU FEB 2, 2017 @ 7:30 PM ET

TV: NBCSN

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 241)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 49 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 13 games
Josh Gorges (hip, Jan. 7; injured reserve) – 11 games
Jake McCabe (shoulder, Jan. 21) – 4 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Feb. 4: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 6: Buffalo at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 7: San Jose at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 9: Anaheim at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 11: Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m

TONIGHT’S GAME

RANGERS at SABRES
This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Rangers this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated New York 4-1 in New York on Jan. 3
The Sabres are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Rangers; 3-6-1 at home
This is the 177th game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has an 81-62-33 series record.
The Sabres are 48-28-13 at home against the Rangers all-time.

Morning Skate: February 2, 2017 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am at KeyBank Center

@BuffaloSabres

Kulikov relieved to net 1st. "Doesn't really matter in the game situation, but it was good to get it out of the way" http://bufsabres.co/46d8hS

C3nDA9dWEAAHJj1.jpg

@NYRangers

#NYR look to remove "sleepers" from their game. Full story: http://nyrange.rs/2jZDHMi

C3nM5FnWEAI6Knp.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@BuffaloSabres

4 wins in a row at @KeyBankCtr. Looking to make it 5. Pregame updates: http://bufsabres.co/kUkfXS

C3rWtmVVMAEcJk3.jpg

Here's how the full lineup might look tonight, based off lines in practice on Wednesday.

26 Matt Moulson - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo
82 Marcus Foligno - 15 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
9 Evander Kane - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 12 Brian Gionta
48 William Carrier - 44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 63 Tyler Ennis

77 Dmitry Kulikov - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
47 Zach Bogosian - 6 Cody Franson
41 Justin Falk - 38 Taylor Fedun

40 Robin Lehner
31 Anders Nilsson

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Cal O'Reilly (Buffalo) among those put on waivers today. Hearing that Sabres are on the lookout around the league for a 4th-line center

Bylsma is an idiot. I get that Ennis has been struggling and understand the demotion to the 4th line, but putting Moulson back on the top line is not the answer as has been the case time after time. Better to keep him there or sit him and bring up Bailey, whose been en fuego down on the farm lately. Moulson is a liability 5v5 and should not receive top line minutes ever again.

Bylsma is an idiot. I get that Ennis has been struggling and understand the demotion to the 4th line, but putting Moulson back on the top line is not the answer as has been the case time after time. Better to keep him there or sit him and bring up Bailey, whose been en fuego down on the farm lately. Moulson is a liability 5v5 and should not receive top line minutes ever again.

I forget how it works, but I don't think they can call up Baily (unless it's and injury replacement) due to salary cap restraints from all the injury call ups this season. Here's an article from November when the Sabres were juggling the cap:

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/18/inside-sabres-injuries-murray-thinking-cap/

Edited by ricojes

@NHL

The @BuffaloSabres go for their first season sweep of the @NYRangers in 10 years tonight at KeyBank Center.

https://t.co/IuyM4TUlU6

Rangers Projected Lineup

Jimmy Vesey -- Derek Stepan -- Rick Nash

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Mats Zuccarello

Michael Grabner -- J.T. Miller -- Jesper Fast

Matt Puempel -- Oscar Lindberg -- Pavel Buchnevich

Ryan McDonagh -- Dan Girardi

Marc Staal -- Nick Holden

Brady Skjei -- Kevin Klein

Henrik Lundqvist

Magnus Hellberg

Scratched: Antti Raanta, Brandon Pirri, Adam Clendening

Injured: Kevin Hayes (lower body)

Sabres Projected Lineup

Matt Moulson -- Ryan O'Reilly -- Kyle Okposo

Marcus Foligno -- Jack Eichel -- Sam Reinhart

Evander Kane -- Zemgus Girgensons -- Brian Gionta

Tyler Ennis -- Nicolas Deslauriers -- William Carrier

Dmitry Kulikov -- Rasmus Ristolainen

Zach Bogosian -- Cody Franson

Justin Falk -- Taylor Fedun

Robin Lehner

Anders Nilsson

Scratched: Cal O'Reilly

Injured: Jake McCabe (shoulder), Josh Gorges (hip), Johan Larsson (wrist)

I forget how it works, but I don't think they can call up Baily (unless it's and injury replacement) due to salary cap restraints from all the injury call ups this season. Here's an article from November when the Sabres were juggling the cap:

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/18/inside-sabres-injuries-murray-thinking-cap/

Thanks for the clarification. It sucks that we are hamstrung by this rule. Bailey is a better option and it's frustrating not to have him available.

I'll give Bylsma a pass here.

2-2: GMTM ON WGR (27:02)

GM Tim Murray joining Schopp and the Bulldog next on WGR!

GMTM- "See how we play here in the next week or two. Making calls from both sides buyer and seller to see what's out there."

GMTM- "It's very quiet out there right now. There's a lot of fence sitting around the NHL."

GMTM- "We're still going to stick to the plan. We're not going to sell the farm for a one-off playoff shot."

GMTM- "We're still exploring all the avenues, I don't really have a sense yet of what I'm going to do."

GMTM- "There's going to be a lot buyers. There's so many teams that think they are in the hunt. There isn't a ton of players out there."

GMTM- "I think our strength is on the wings in the minors and our prospects. We do have some D coming but we're not trading those guys out."

GMTM- "We'll see if we have something to sell that makes sense to makes us better in the future."

GMTM- "When we get back to the surface we seem to go back under 3 feet. Mentally we're not over that hump of thinking we're a playoff team."

GMTM on Bylsma- "I don't think there's any miscommunication. When a team comes out flat for the game I put that squarely on the players."

GMTM- "Learning to win is part of the process. Learning to win is hard and once you learn to win it's much harder to lose that."

GMTM- "If we could add a guy that has won a lot, that has been in a winning organization and culture, that could rub off on our guys."

GMTM- "A lot of the players on our team are high picks. They were high picks for a reason. We've got guys with pedigree."

GMTM- "We're still somewhere in that rebuild, we're certainly not at the bottom of it, but we're not close to the top yet either."

GMTM- "Some players have urgency all the time, others have more urgency as they get in the game. Good teams are ready to go off the get go."

GMTM- "I think when we become a contender, a perennial playoff team we'll be talking less about slow starts."

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Cal O'Reilly (Buffalo) among those put on waivers today. Hearing that Sabres are on the lookout around the league for a 4th-line center

GMTM- "I talked to Pierre today and I guess I told him he could say that."

GMTM- "I dream about people hating the Buffalo Sabres for the same reason they hate the Patriots because they win."

GMTM- "I actually like when people don't like me so that would be outstanding."

Okay...3 losses in a row....can we officially start SELLING today ...GMTM, be bold, and maximize return by selling FIRST.

Gionta, Kulikov, and Franson are the assets most likely to be available in deals. No way they start selling this soon though.

Gionta, Kulikov, and Franson are the assets most likely to be available in deals. No way they start selling this soon though.

Would love love love if someone wanted to take bogo off our hands. Maybe moulson...wishful thinking

But GMTM would be wise too...not a true Sabre fan alive that thinks this team can MAKE the playoffs, let alone win a round or two.

This team has been out of it since they went down 7 points in late November, and have made up zero ground even with Jack, ROR and hot Kane back.

Be wise GMTM, first mover has the advantage.