Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Not sure what that guy was trying to see? The game was over and the only thing left to see was the Leafs coming out for the 3 stars after spanking his team 4-0.

For you closet Leaf lovers that's back to back 4-0 wins and the Leafs are 9-0-2 in their last 11 road games. Not bad for such a young team!

cmon dude...that was funnyyy!!!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure what that guy was trying to see? The game was over and the only thing left to see was the Leafs coming out for the 3 stars after spanking his team 4-0.

For you closet Leaf lovers that's back to back 4-0 wins and the Leafs are 9-0-2 in their last 11 road games. Not bad for such a young team!

Maybe he was trying to see what he paid for...a game....not rue punks holding a blue screen.

Hey John, you really need to stop all of the Leaf blowing. ;)

You got to be impressed how they have turned it around in a relatively short period of time. They were a franchise that for a long time tried to buy their way into respectability. That didn't work out it. It only prolonged their stay mired in muck of mediocrity. They had a plan to clean house of their high priced players and go with younger players. No one can argue that they haven't executed their plan.

The Maple Leafs are not only an emerging team they are also a fun team to watch. I get disgusted with the clamping down trap style of hockey that kills the flow of the game. Their game is predicated on skill more than muscle. Much more aesthetic to watch.

I'm sure much to your dismay let me also add that I admire the Patriots for their extended excellence. I certainly don't root for them but I admire the way they have built an organization predicated on accountability and an organization imbued with high standards. Let's not even bother comparing the differences between the Bills and the Pats franchises! As far as I am concerned anyone organization that would hire a Rex Ryan forfeits its right to be considered a serious franchise.

And to get your goat even more I'm rooting for the Pats to win the SB so Roger Goodell has to hand the Lombardi trophy to Brady and the owner. I still believe that Roger Goodell acted outrageously and with malice in the manner in which he handled the deflategate fiasco.

You got to be impressed how they have turned it around in a relatively short period of time. They were a franchise that for a long time tried to buy their way into respectability. That didn't work out it. It only prolonged their stay mired in muck of mediocrity. They had a plan to clean house of their high priced players and go with younger players. No one can argue that they haven't executed their plan.

The Maple Leafs are not only an emerging team they are also a fun team to watch. I get disgusted with the clamping down trap style of hockey that kills the flow of the game. Their game is predicated on skill more than muscle. Much more aesthetic to watch.

I'm sure much to your dismay let me also add that I admire the Patriots for their extended excellence. I certainly don't root for them but I admire the way they have built an organization predicated on accountability and an organization imbued with high standards. Let's not even bother comparing the differences between the Bills and the Pats franchises! As far as I am concerned anyone organization that would hire a Rex Ryan forfeits its right to be considered a serious franchise.

And to get your goat even more I'm rooting for the Pats to win the SB so Roger Goodell has to hand the Lombardi trophy to Brady and the owner. I still believe that Roger Goodell acted outrageously and with malice in the manner in which he handled the deflategate fiasco.

You're dead to me. Dead.

I can't admire an organization that has built a large part of its reputation upon cheating. It pleases me every time they lose -- which is why I don't smile much.

I agree on the point being awarded to the winner...but I don't remember the extra point before the lockout.

Just found an article that it started it did start in the 99-2000 season...man it sucks getting old.

https://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/how-the-guaranteed-point-is-ruining-the-nhl/

I would have bet you a million dollars it started after the lockout

I would have bet anything the same as you. But, wasn't the shoot-out added after the lock-out?

So, there now had to be an extra point? Before, if it was still tied after 5 minutes of OT, then each time just got a point?

So, therefore there would still be a lot more extra point games?

cmon dude...that was funnyyy!!!

Not really, that's how **** gets started at games.

Maybe he was trying to see what he paid for...a game....not rue punks holding a blue screen.

The game was over. The camera guys were showing fans in the crowd after the game so they were holding it up to be on live TV. Yah know, just like fans do at every game

You stop them with the trap.

You keep pumping them up, I'm staying on the TrapTrapTrappety Trap train.

I agree on the point being awarded to the winner...but I don't remember the extra point before the lockout.

Just found an article that it started it did start in the 99-2000 season...man it sucks getting old.

https://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/how-the-guaranteed-point-is-ruining-the-nhl/

I would have bet you a million dollars it started after the lockout

I would have bet anything the same as you. But, wasn't the shoot-out added after the lock-out?

So, there now had to be an extra point? Before, if it was still tied after 5 minutes of OT, then each time just got a point?

I hate regular season overtime. I've hated it since 99-00. Hate the shootout even more, and they made the overtime even worse with the 3 on 3.

Because of the third point, more teams have incentive to play for the tie in regulation and then go to the gimmick for their second point. The NHL is the only sport that makes winning in the playoffs completely different than winning in the regular season. It annoys me to no end.

Edited by snafu

I hate regular season overtime. I've hated it since 99-00. Hate the shootout even more, and they made the overtime even worse with the 3 on 3.

Because of the third point, more teams have incentive to play for the tie in regulation and then go to the gimmick for their second point. The NHL is the only sport that makes winning in the playoffs completely different than winning in the regular season. It annoys me to no end.

The NFL postseason rules are different than the regular season rules. I'm not dismissing your overall point because I'm a hockey purist too, but there is another league that changes the rules (though to a lesser degree).

Yes, the shoot out brought on a ton of more points awarded over an entire season. The original point in this discussion is pretty much just a matter of semantics, but the extra point is not handed out to the loser. A shoot out is just a tie with an extra point handed to the winner.

The overtime loss was fairly rare even during the time where they gave a point to the loser pre-shoot out. As you've just suggested, eliminating the possibility of a tie brought on a hell of a lot more points in the standings.

You're dead to me. Dead.

For me I call it addition by subtraction.

You are corrupting the game with your advocacy of obstruction. The beauty is in the flow not the stop and go! Clutch and grab might be appropriate for a hot willing date but in hockey it is obscene to watch. :thumbdown:

I'm not pumping anyone up. I'm acknowledging what is obvious and true. Trust your eyes and not your bleeding heart. :nana:

Kane had two goals and an assist in this game, three points. Those advocating trading him for defensive help are risking giving up one of our best scorers on a team that lacks scoring. It's easier to find help in the offseason to stabilize the defense but opportunities to acquire a consistent goal scorer is more difficult.

I watched the first two periods. We couldn't keep up with them. They were indisputably the superior team in this game.