Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. rcqcRwR7_200x200.jpg

SABRES (17-17-9) at LEAFS (20-13-8)

TUE JAN 17, 2017 @ 7:30 PM ET

TV: MSG-B, NHL TV FREE GAME

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 212)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 43 games

Dmitry Kulikov (lower back, Dec. 29; injured reserve) – 9 games

Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 7 games

Josh Gorges (hip, Jan. 7) – 5 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS

1/11: F Derek Grant claimed off waivers by Nashville

1/14: Assigned F Justin Bailey and G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL)

1/16: Recalled F Cal O’Reilly from Rochester (AHL); Activated F Tyler Ennis from IR

UPCOMING GAMES

Friday, Jan. 20: Detroit at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Jan. 21: Buffalo at Montreal, 7 p.m.

Tuesday, Jan. 24: Buffalo at Nashville, 8 p.m.

Thursday, Jan. 26: Buffalo at Dallas, 8:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Jan. 31: Buffalo at Montreal, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES AT MAPLE LEAFS

This is the second of five meetings between the Sabres and Maple Leafs this season.

Last meeting: Toronto defeated Buffalo 2-1 in Buffalo on Nov. 3, 2016

Next meeting: Saturday, Feb. 11 in Toronto

The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Maple Leafs; 2-5-3 on the road.

This is the 203rd game all-time between Buffalo and Toronto; Buffalo has a 111-65-26 series record.

The Sabres are 43-39-18 on the road against the Maple Leafs all-time.

Morning Skate: January 17, 2017 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm at Air Canada Centre

1-17: DAN BYLSMA ON WGR (17:53)

Bylsma - the consistency of how we play is a little bit maddening. We've dealt with the diasppointment and got a win yesterday #Sabres

Bylsma - we came out pretty well against Dallas and got the early goal. We got a good win over a good Dallas team yesterday #Sabres

Bylsma - we stayed on top of Dallas all game and did a good job of limiting their opportunities #Sabres

Bylsma - Ennis is coming off an injury where he's not up to his speed yet. It will be a work in progress for another couple weeks #Sabres

Bylsma - with his style of play and what he brings to the table, it's nice to have Ennis back in the lineup #Sabres

Bylsma - we want to see Jack and Sam play together more. Those two have the best chemistry with each other, especially 23 with 15 #Sabres

Bylsma - there's some similarities w/Toronto's play that we faced yesterday w/Dallas. Their an aggressive team that can put pressure on you

Bylsma - we have to try to contain Toronto's speed and limit their chances tonight #Sabres

Bylsma - I speak with Dan Lambert twice a week about how players in ROC are doing. Alex had the opportunity to play in WJC...

Bylsma - Nylander played well in Canada, and probably played his best game as a pro in his first game back.

I hate those day games. There's nothing worse than randomly checking your phone at around 4 and having that "oh crap, they played already" moment.

I hate them as well. Al of them. The Saturday ones drive me nuts!

So, those youngins on the Leaf's going to make Franson get dizzy tonight spinning around so much? What's ice time for Coday tonight..less than 10?

Man we need Guhle for games like this

Edited by plenzmd1

One Pegula related hockey experience has gone incredibly well. Penn State pulled into the #1 spot in the national poll for the first time ever yesterday. It's amazing how quickly they got there.

I hate those day games. There's nothing worse than randomly checking your phone at around 4 and having that "oh crap, they played already" moment.

Why do they use these day games to turn the camera around and constantly show us RJ in the booth while play is ongoing? Very disconcerting.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Why do they use these day games to turn the camera around and constantly show us RJ in the booth while play is ongoing? Very disconcerting.

I wouldn't know. I miss every single day game.

Cool pic of Eichel and William Nylander as former team mates.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gotta-see-eichel-nylander-milano-junior-bruins/

I love how they need to point out which one is Eichel. I would have never guessed. :lol:

@BuffaloSabres

The first meeting. Jack Eichel vs. Auston Matthews tonight in Toronto: http://bufsabres.co/ly0cwB

C2ZT7ExUUAA-poL.jpg

Projected Lineup

63 Tyler Ennis - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo
82 Marcus Foligno - 15 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
9 Evander Kane - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 12 Brian Gionta
48 William Carrier - 19 Cal O'Reilly - 26 Matt Moulson

29 Jake McCabe - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
47 Zach Bogosian - 6 Cody Franson
41 Justin Falk - 38 Taylor Fedun

40 Robin Lehner
31 Anders Nilsson

@Sportsnet

.@reporterchris and @ShawnMcKenzieSN look at the #Leafs' and #Sabres' rebuild efforts ahead of tonight's matchup. http://sprtsnt.ca/2iyhk16

C2ZWCgfUQAA8fX0.jpg

@NHLPA

His fellow @BuffaloSabres are impressed by his skill, but @Jack_Eichel11 draws the most praise for his personality: http://ply.rs/hr2O3085LEI

C2ZR9Y3XEAE4iMA.jpg
@BuffaloSabres

Jack Eichel is looking forward to the test tonight in Toronto - his pregame comments >> http://bufsabres.co/H4ViBN

C2Z2UlQVQAEAoUV.jpg

Tonight's game is the http://NHL.TV

free Game of the Night!* You won't want to miss it. 1f3d2.png *Blackout restrictions apply

C2Z3VlzVIAA3SOK.jpg

Lehner flat out sucks. I don't care about his GAA or his save percentage, he sucks. Can't play the puck behind the net, lets in the softest goals imaginable and not close to being worth the pick we gave up to get him.

And just as I type this, he gets schooled again and has to leave.

Stupid decision by Bylsma to play him in back to backs, too.

This team blows.

First goal was lazy D and a stupid deflection.

Second goal was terrible, really misplayed by Lehner.

Third goal was Mathews alone in front, sniper shot.

Lehner pulled as a wake up call to the team, not for Lehner's play (at least tonight).

A big issue with the Sabres is they have 2 backup goaltenders. More than 2 games in a row, and they're average at best.

Still in it though, need a big goal from Jack or Sam....

First goal was lazy D and a stupid deflection.

Second goal was terrible, really misplayed by Lehner.

Third goal was Mathews alone in front, sniper shot.

Lehner pulled as a wake up call to the team, not for Lehner's play (at least tonight).

A big issue with the Sabres is they have 2 backup goaltenders. More than 2 games in a row, and they're average at best.

Still in it though, need a big goal from Jack or Sam....

Cal Petersen to the rescue let us hope.