Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

@JourdonLaBarber

#Sabres lines:

Foligno-Eichel-Okposo

Kane-Reinhart-Bailey

Ennis-Grant-Moulson

Carrier-Girgensons-Gionta

Deslauriers is skating with the D.

Does Bylsma just pull names out of a hat to make out his roster?

I get it with injuries and players coming in and out of the lineup, but he tinkers way too much. It's like he hasn't figured out his own roster after nearly a season and a half and he's making himself look clueless. I'd hate playing for him.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex Nylander tearing it up in the World Juniors with 5 goals and 6 assists in 5 games to lead the tourney in scoring. Also, Sabres prospect Rasmus Asplund has 7 points in 5 games to place in the top 10.

Yes, I'm that phucking desperate for anything to salve the wound of the clusterphuck this season has become.

Alex Nylander tearing it up in the World Juniors with 5 goals and 6 assists in 5 games to lead the tourney in scoring. Also, Sabres prospect Rasmus Asplund has 7 points in 5 games to place in the top 10.

Yes, I'm that phucking desperate for anything to salve the wound of the clusterphuck this season has become.

To soothe your desperation a little more add Guhle to the pipeline that in the not too distant future (hopefully) will make this a less frustrating team to follow. Seeing Toronto on a more rapid pace toward respectability is a kick in the nuuuts. :cry:

To soothe your desperation a little more add Guhle to the pipeline that in the not too distant future (hopefully) will make this a less frustrating team to follow. Seeing Toronto on a more rapid pace toward respectability is a kick in the nuuuts. :cry:

They screwed the pooch with Guhle, but I'm not gonna get int a hindsight criticism as I think they know it because it is so obvious. We were starting to hit a groove with him, Falk, and Fedun and then we got "healthy" and promptly watched Disco Dan break up Risto and McCabe and force Kuli to pair with Risto instead, Gorges get even slower, and Bogo commit his nightly hiccup at the worst times.

And that's just the back end. But when 50% of a position group shouldn't even be playing, you gotta start there. But our forwards aren't much better, it's just that a full half of them DO at least belong. The other half can leave at any time. Too much tank stink remains.

We were starting to hit a groove with him, Falk, and Fedun and then we got "healthy" and promptly watched Disco Dan break up Risto and McCabe and force Kuli to pair with Risto instead, Gorges get even slower, and Bogo commit his nightly hiccup at the worst times.

ain't that the truth....

Nylander has been great, he usually is, but let's not forget that the Swedes haven't really played the tough teams yet as USA, Canada and Russia were all in the other group.

Having said that, the Swedes look very skilled and I would not be shocked to see them win the gold. They are the favorites in Wed game against Canada.

They screwed the pooch with Guhle, but I'm not gonna get int a hindsight criticism as I think they know it because it is so obvious. We were starting to hit a groove with him, Falk, and Fedun and then we got "healthy" and promptly watched Disco Dan break up Risto and McCabe and force Kuli to pair with Risto instead, Gorges get even slower, and Bogo commit his nightly hiccup at the worst times.

And that's just the back end. But when 50% of a position group shouldn't even be playing, you gotta start there. But our forwards aren't much better, it's just that a full half of them DO at least belong. The other half can leave at any time. Too much tank stink remains.

Breaking up the Risto and McCabe tandem didn't make sense to me. The Pysyk for Kuli has not worked out. We gave up a smart and efficient player for a thoughtless and careless player who constantly makes bone crushing mistakes where the puck ends in the net.

Gorges is a prideful earnest veteran player who has nothing left. I don't know what to make of Bogo. He seems to have the required size and skill set to be a good d-man but the parts don't come close to the expected production. He goes out of his way to bang but it seems to take away from his focus of soundly playing the position. In addition, that crunching style of play makes him prone to injury.

I get the sense that there is a rising irritation in the room with Bylsma. That is not a good sign for a losing team because the frustration level builds up and then blows up.

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. jh77qyFE_200x200.jpg

SABRES (13-15-8) at RANGERS (26-12-1)

TUE JAN 3, 2017 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: NBCSN, MSG

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 177)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 36 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9; injured reserve) – 24 games
Ryan O’Reilly (appendix, Dec. 27) – 3 games
Dmitry Kulikov (lower back, Dec. 29) – 2 games
William Carrier (hand, Dec. 31) – 1 game
Johan Larsson (wrist) – 0 games
Josh Gorges (hip) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
12/30: Recalled F Justin Bailey from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Jan. 5: Buffalo at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 7: Winnipeg at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 10: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 12: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 13: Buffalo at Carolina, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES AT RANGERS
This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Rangers this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated New York 4-3 in New York on Dec. 1, 2016
Next meeting: Thursday, Feb. 2 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 2-8-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Rangers; 3-4-3 on the road
This is the 176th game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has an 80-62-33 series record.
The Sabres are 32-34-20 on the road against the Rangers all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

Roles are changing as injuries continue to pile up -- look for Girgensons' role to be elevated: http://bufsabres.co/vRACEd

C1Mq57dXUAA8VYW.jpg

Coach Bylsma provides updates on our injured players & what we focused on at practice today: http://bufsabres.co/9zlX5A

C1NVUqSXUAQLrRf.jpg

Spotlight on Rasmus Ristolainen: @duffersabres catches up with the D-man on his strong play this season - http://bufsabres.co/w9Vcou

C1NWJboUkAAGtlC.jpg

1-3: DAN BYLSMA WITH WITH HOWARD AND JEREMY ON WGR (17:56)

Bylsma - the last two were big games for us... Big losses. They guys know where we're at and we're disappointed we didn't get points #Sabres

Bylsma - We've let opportunities slip, but we have 40+ games left & we have a goal which we think would be around the playoff mark #Sabres

Bylsma - we have to get more shooting chances on net. Need to get 60+ chances each game #Sabres

Bylsma - no one wants to think it's ok to not win hockey games. I'm no different. #Sabres

Bylsma - Tim and I talk, our talks are no different about the team at any time. We're trying to put a winning team on the ice #Sabres

Bylsma - I report ultimately to Kim and Terry Pegula, but I report daily to Tim Murray. Tim is constantly talking to Kim and Terry #Sabres

Bylsma - Bailey has a ton of speed which can surprise and overwhelm defensemen... That speed is his weapon to be an offensive threat #Sabres

Bylsma - Reinhart's doing a good job playing center for us with Larsson & ROR out. We'll see him at center more over next few games #Sabres

Bylsma - the injury situation with Kulikov does affect the defensive pairings. They would be different with him in the lineup #Sabres

Bylsma - it's great to see Nylander have the tournament he's having with Sweden. He's been a factor and he's gotten points #Sabres

Bylsma - haven't had any discussion yet of post-Junior tournament, but it's great to see him play well. Hope it will jump start him #Sabres

Bylsma - Kulikov is day-to-day, hope to get some news on him today or tomorrow. ROR is still about 7-10 days away... #Sabres

Bylsma - Ennis is still getting back into practice. Hopefully he remains on the 7-10 days timeframe #Sabres

Bylsma - Larsson is out indefinitely... (Wouldn't confirm if it's season-ending or not) #Sabres

@BuffaloSabres

Updates from morning skate 25b6.pnghttp://bufsabres.co/OMqmTj

C1RF41ZXcAAxYSK.jpg

Projected Lineup

82 Marcus Foligno - 15 Jack Eichel - 21 Kyle Okposo
9 Evander Kane - 23 Sam Reinhart - 56 Justin Bailey
48 William Carrier - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 12 Brian Gionta
44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 27 Derek Grant - 26 Matt Moulson

4 Josh Gorges - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
29 Jake McCabe - 47 Zach Bogosian
41 Justin Falk - 6 Cody Franson

31 Anders Nilsson
40 Robin Lehner

@BuffaloSabres

Updates from morning skate 25b6.pnghttp://bufsabres.co/OMqmTj

C1RF41ZXcAAxYSK.jpg

Projected Lineup

82 Marcus Foligno - 15 Jack Eichel - 21 Kyle Okposo

9 Evander Kane - 23 Sam Reinhart - 56 Justin Bailey

48 William Carrier - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 27 Derek Grant - 26 Matt Moulson

4 Josh Gorges - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe - 47 Zach Bogosian

41 Justin Falk - 6 Cody Franson

31 Anders Nilsson

40 Robin Lehner

I like seeing Eichel paired with Okposo. Also like that Kane, Reinhart, Bailey line. Would love to beat the Rangers.

The player who has changed his game which has resulted in an improved rate of production is Kane. The going to the net started when he was placed on the Gionta and Larsson line. He went from being a feckless perimeter shooter to a tough hard nosed scorer around the net. He has always been a full effort player but it was wasted effort because his game was detached from the unit. It seems now that he is learning to play as a teammate instead of as a lone ranger. Kudos to him.