Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was hoping for a defenseman. We need a Jim Schonfeld or Jerry Korab back there.

Nylander probably won't make the parent club this season. Vessy either, imo.

Gimme playoffs!

Nylander probably won't, but if they sign Vesey he'll be on the Sabres for sure with a top six role.

I was hoping for a defenseman. We need a Jim Schonfeld or Jerry Korab back there.

Nylander probably won't make the parent club this season. Vessy either, imo.

Gimme playoffs!

If Vesey signs, he'll absolutely be a Sabre this season. There wasn't a player available at 8 that would have been a sure thing to make the Sabres. The NHL draft simply isn't the same as the NFL. Unless you're drafting at the very top, the likelihood of getting a player who will impact your team in the short term is very low.

There's no reason to draft for need. The NHL draft should always be about the best player with the largest upside.

Anything new with Evander Kane? He has to be on Short leash at this point with the team.

There has been some buzz on Twitter about how he choked a girl at a nightclub, and consequently got his face punched in by 2 men. I don't know about the credibility of the source, however, as people are saying the story is made up.

So, essentially, I have no idea what is happening....

If Vesey signs, he'll absolutely be a Sabre this season. There wasn't a player available at 8 that would have been a sure thing to make the Sabres. The NHL draft simply isn't the same as the NFL. Unless you're drafting at the very top, the likelihood of getting a player who will impact your team in the short term is very low.

There's no reason to draft for need. The NHL draft should always be about the best player with the largest upside.

I'm interested to know what makes you so sure he'd play Game 1 with the Sabres. Granted, he's a few years older than Eichel and has a boatload of college awards. But Hobey Baker's don't necessarily translate to NHL stardom and he's never played more than a 40 game season, where we 'expect' him to have to play 90+ with playoffs.

Don't misinterpret, it would be great if we sign him and he's a shoe-in to start Day 1. But he was 3rd round pick and this rhetoric is said of nearly every Drafted prospect.

I'm interested to know what makes you so sure he'd play Game 1 with the Sabres. Granted, he's a few years older than Eichel and has a boatload of college awards. But Hobey Baker's don't necessarily translate to NHL stardom and he's never played more than a 40 game season, where we 'expect' him to have to play 90+ with playoffs.

Don't misinterpret, it would be great if we sign him and he's a shoe-in to start Day 1. But he was 3rd round pick and this rhetoric is said of nearly every Drafted prospect.

Nashville wanted to add him to the roster for the playoffs. They were deeply disappointed (to the point of being resentful) when they couldn't get him to sign a deal. As you stated there are no guarantees that a top tier college player will make the transition to NHL caliber of play. But from a number of comments I have read and heard the Sabres believe that if signed he would be playing as a forward on one of the two top lines.

We are not the only team seriously interested in signing him. The Bruins, Maple Leafs, Detroit and other teams have an interest in signing him. So that tells you that the consensus is that he is going to be a productive forward in this league. A number of hockey scouts and analysts have been on WGR talking about prospects. When asked how Vessy would rate in this draft year the invariable answer is that he would be near the top of this draft. Also, Terry Murray is reluctant to be specific in talking about prospects. He was very candid when he said that he wanted to get him on his roster. That's enough of an endorsement for me.

Nashville was ready to sign him and give him top six minutes in the playoffs. That's says it all right there.

@BuffaloSabres

Welcome @raasmusaasplunf to the Sabres! @snipeshow98's linemate at #WorldJuniors 1f1f8-1f1ea.png

ClzYhroWQAAmmHk.jpg

From Corey Pronman's best available after round 1:

6. Rasmus Asplund, C, Farjestad (SHL)

Nationality: Sweden | Overall rank: 23

Although Asplund didn't translate his strong international play to great success in the SHL this season, he's still a pretty desirable prospect. There are split opinions on him within the industry, with some scouts seeing an NHL tweener and others seeing a player with a very good chance to become a top-six center. Asplund's best trait is his hockey sense. He's a creative, aware, two-way forward who creates with his hands and vision, on top of being positionally sound. His 5-foot-11 frame works against him, and his strength needs to go a long way before he's NHL-ready, but he shows the capability to be a solid defensive center, despite his size.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What do you guys think of the trade?

@stepnerwkbw

#Sabres trade official: BUF acquires D Dmitry Kulikov, pick 33 from #Panthers for D Mark Pysyk, picks 38, 89.

I read he "won't marry an American girl. Russian Girls are much prettier and more clever"

So, he has good common sense.. Hate to lose Pysyk but we need a left hand shot from the point.

He's no Alexy Zhitnik..

P.S. Thanks guys, for the Vessy insight. We're sure to lose him to FA now..

@BuffaloSabres

"Slippery & competitive," 4th best European skater (@NHLCentralScout), Asplund is a Sabre: http://bufsabres.co/c05dNX

ClzcdxQWMAAfpeX.jpg

Left-handed D-man 2705.png 25 years old 2705.png Trade acquisition Dmitry Kulikov checks boxes for Sabres: http://bufsabres.co/c05dNX

ClzechQWYAEAckM.jpg

With the 69th pick the Sabres select @cliffp_28 from @GoLondonKnights.

ClzjRp7WkAEIux3.jpg

@BuffaloSabres

"Slippery & competitive," 4th best European skater (@NHLCentralScout), Asplund is a Sabre: http://bufsabres.co/c05dNX

ClzcdxQWMAAfpeX.jpg

Left-handed D-man 2705.png 25 years old 2705.png Trade acquisition Dmitry Kulikov checks boxes for Sabres: http://bufsabres.co/c05dNX

ClzechQWYAEAckM.jpg

With the 69th pick the Sabres select @cliffp_28 from @GoLondonKnights.

ClzjRp7WkAEIux3.jpg

Pu? P.U! He stinks!