Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I certainly would. Sometimes a change of scenery and listening to different voices breathes new life into a floundering player. In hockey, as in all team sports, it's not so much how talented you are as an individual as it is how you play with your teammates. A lot of talented prospects have a difficult time adjusting their scintillating individual style of play into responsible two way hockey that is required in the NHL.

If you are going to take a risk on a player take it for a player who is talented. If it doesn't work at least you tried.

OK I like Pegula but this is meddling. I like Woods too and I know he was injured last year but there is no way he turns into a legit #2 receiver if he is busy thinking about hockey. This sucks.

He's a good multi-tasker from what I'm hearing

@BuffNewsVogl

Our 2016 NHL Draft preview, from Auston Matthews-Jack Eichel to the Sabres' plans to what to eat downtown.

https://t.co/WBT0IsniHY

@StepnerWKBW

I'm told #Sabres are working on a potential trade with #Ducks. Told they've been talking "for a long time." #NHLDraft

Would have to be Cam Fowler...Been lots of chatter about him recently...

Poor man's Scott Neidermeyer. Obviously doesn't play to that level on a consistent basis or he wouldn't be a candidate to move but he is only 24 and consistency is the toughest thing for an NHL defenseman.

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?8426

Seems like what Buffalo is looking for, although I read this morning that they wouldn't be willing to part with #8 to get him. Seems like a couple very good defensemen will be around when the Sabres pick.

Seems like what Buffalo is looking for, although I read this morning that they wouldn't be willing to part with #8 to get him. Seems like a couple very good defensemen will be around when the Sabres pick.

It's a real quandry because getting a guy like Fowler gives you a proven NHL defenseman who could be ready to make the final step to his prime. Picking a dman at 8 just means you have a pipeline guy who is probable 3 or 4 seasons from being a consistant contributor.

The NHL draft compares more with the MLB draft than it does with the NFL draft. Unless you're picking first or second, you're not adding a contributing piece in the short term.

It's a real quandry because getting a guy like Fowler gives you a proven NHL defenseman who could be ready to make the final step to his prime. Picking a dman at 8 just means you have a pipeline guy who is probable 3 or 4 seasons from being a consistant contributor.

The NHL draft compares more with the MLB draft than it does with the NFL draft. Unless you're picking first or second, you're not adding a contributing piece in the short term.

It's a tough call, but I wouldn't do the 8 for Fowler. maybe the second rounder, pick 38, but that probably wouldn't be enough...

Probably posted previously, but here's a refresher on Buffalo's picks:

RD 1: 8

RD 2: 38

RD 3: 69, 86, 89

RD 4: 99

RD 5: 129, 130

RD 6: 159

RD 7: 189, 190

Edited by ricojes