Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@TSN_Sports

News and Rumours: Oilers low on defence options. MORE: http://www.tsn.ca/news-and-rumours-oilers-low-on-defence-options-1.511195

ClZi4KEXIAA6GPa.jpg

The Oilers could target right-handed shot Zach Bogosian of the Buffalo Sabres, but Matheson believes his $5.14 million cap hit is too high for the Oilers. Still, the Sun believes the two

@TSN_Sports

News and Rumours: Oilers low on defence options. MORE: http://www.tsn.ca/news-and-rumours-oilers-low-on-defence-options-1.511195

ClZi4KEXIAA6GPa.jpg

The Oilers could target right-handed shot Zach Bogosian of the Buffalo Sabres, but Matheson believes his $5.14 million cap hit is too high for the Oilers. Still, the Sun believes the two teams could become trade partners ahead of Friday’s NHL Draft as the Sabres covet London Knights forward Matthew Tkachuk, who likely won’t be available at the Sabres current spot (eighth overall).

Matheson suggests the Sabres could trade Tyler Ennis, Zemgus Girgensons and/or defenceman Mark Pysyk along with the No. 8 pick to move into the Oilers’ fourth slot.

teams could become trade partners ahead of Friday’s NHL Draft as the Sabres covet London Knights forward Matthew Tkachuk, who likely won’t be available at the Sabres current spot (eighth overall).

Matheson suggests the Sabres could trade Tyler Ennis, Zemgus Girgensons and/or defenceman Mark Pysyk along with the No. 8 pick to move into the Oilers’ fourth slot.

Didn't know McDavid was available again.

6-22: TERRY PEGULA ON WGR (20:54)

PEGULA: "Our attitude is to do whatever it takes to get better, we're not opposed to going after free agents."

PEGULA: "What we've done the last several years, moving people out, we're a young team right now. We have to protect that chemistry."

PEGULA: "If I need to get involved, or Tim asks me, or maybe I'll offer my help to him."

PEGULA: "You know Tim, he never gets excited. It will be exciting because he's not afraid to make deals. You never know what can happen."

PEGULA: "We sold tickets to the draft, the league recommended against that. But it worked because of our fans."

PEGULA: "To date HARBORCENTER is accomplishing everything that we've envisioned. Part of the dream is kids from the world playing here."

PEGULA: "The feeling of accomplishment has to come from all the people and workers who are in the building. I give them a lot of applause."

PEGULA: "It's been 5 years right? Time to start winning."

PEGULA: "I'm still excited about it. I'm still a fan. Sometimes it feels like work, sometimes it doesn't."

PEGULA: "Standing on the football field for the first game. Ralph had been here for 62 years. How do you do that?"

PEGULA: "The NFL and NHL are different. Obviously the NFL is bigger in the country than the NHL. Even though in my eyes they're similar."

PEGULA: "It's discussed. Do you have a plan to build a stadium? We're a different market than LA"

PEGULA: "Other owners think we need a new stadium. Our stadium is one of the oldest in the league."

PEGULA: "It's so early in our ownership that our preference for a downtown stadium vs. Orchard Park is not existent.

PEGULA: "Priority 1 is winning a championship or multiple championships. That'd be nice."

PEGULA: "Our fans have to have faith. Crazy stuff can happen." In regard to the Caviliers winning a championship.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I was struck by his comment about having a young team and needing to protect that chemistry. Tells me that a guy has to be a fit in more ways than just talent wise. I think that may apply to Stamkos.

GO SABRES!!!

I was struck by his comment about having a young team and needing to protect that chemistry. Tells me that a guy has to be a fit in more ways than just talent wise. I think that may apply to Stamkos.

GO SABRES!!!

Meaning you think he is a fit or you think he is not?

Meaning you think he is a fit or you think he is not?

On the surface of it, no, I don't think he's a fit. That doesn't mean I don't want him, necessarily, but he would have to agree to play on O'Reilly's wing vs. playing center and I don't know enough about him to wonder if he would agree to that. I also don't know if he'd be OK with not being a C or an A, given the leadership we already have in place.

I'm just saying that Pegula's point about maintaining the chemistry we built over the last half of the season, when we played at a playoff pace, is a good one.

GO SABRES!!!

GO SABRES!!!

I still have no idea how I feel about the possibility of adding Stamkos, especially due to how it would limit roster flexibility. I don't know how he is as a teammate, but I get the feeling that there really wouldn't be too many chemistry issues there since he's still very young as well. A highly touted 26 year old probably can relate quite a bit to guys like Eichel and Reinhart.

I still have no idea how I feel about the possibility of adding Stamkos, especially due to how it would limit roster flexibility. I don't know how he is as a teammate, but I get the feeling that there really wouldn't be too many chemistry issues there since he's still very young as well. A highly touted 26 year old probably can relate quite a bit to guys like Eichel and Reinhart.

As I've said before, my choices for FA forwards are (in order of preference): 1) Stamkos, 2) Loui Eriksson, 3) Kyle Okposo