Hmm.. a QB who can scramble out of the pocket

canbuffan34

The big question is how will MM and co. utilize his talents? I know we all hope that they don't try throwing the whole playbook at him at once. Remember Ray Lucas? He basically lost games for the fish by trying to do too much on his own instead of relying on solid defensive play and running the ball with Pricky Williams! And he had already been a starter for the Jets! I think that this upcoming season has alot more to do with the offensive coaching staff than with Losman. Do you think that we'll finally see some power running, smashmouth football? We've only been promised it for 4 years now!?! :D

The big question is how will MM and co. utilize his talents? I know we all hope that they don't try throwing the whole playbook at him at once. Remember Ray Lucas? He basically lost games for the fish by trying to do too much on his own instead of relying on solid defensive play and running the ball with Pricky Williams! And he had already been a starter for the Jets! I think that this upcoming season has alot more to do with the offensive coaching staff than with Losman. Do you think that we'll finally see some power running, smashmouth football? We've only been promised it for 4 years now!?! :D

247308[/snapback]

haven't seen the playoffs since Flutie either.

but I'm with you, you need to have JP do just enough. I'm not saying "play not to lose", I'm saying play within himslef as a 1st year starter. There's a huge difference. I still feel that NE still calls O-game plans for Brady to be able to play within his means. And he grows. You can see him go long more often as the years go by, since his 1st year as starter. (sorry to Patsify, but they are the measuring stick for us right now, like it or not).

so I'd like to see them get another back, a BIG EFFECTIVE BACK to preserve Willis and give a change up every once in a while. A solid short ydg guy and I feel we can become the Power Run O, or at least give teams that impression.

This will really help JPL out allot and the whole O will benefit.