NFL Network: Top Five Bills of All Time

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce is arguably the best DE of all time.

OJ is arguably the best RB of all time.

I'd choose Juice ahead of Bruce but, to me, those two are the clear top 2.

We haven't had any other players that you could reasonably argue were the best ever at their position.

Bruce is arguably the best DE of all time.

OJ is arguably the best RB of all time.

I'd choose Juice ahead of Bruce but, to me, those two are the clear top 2.

We haven't had any other players that you could reasonably argue were the best ever at their position.

This is what happens when we try to assign numerical rankings to greatness. For me, they all have a seat at the table and the table is round.

All I know is, OJ Simpson was the most exciting football player I've ever seen. Nobody, before or since, ever induced a visceral, butterflies in the stomach sense of excitement whenever he touched the ball like he did.

GO BILLS!!!

This is what happens when we try to assign numerical rankings to greatness. For me, they all have a seat at the table and the table is round.

All I know is, OJ Simpson was the most exciting football player I've ever seen. Nobody, before or since, ever induced a visceral, butterflies in the stomach sense of excitement whenever he touched the ball like he did.

GO BILLS!!!

I hate to say it about a killer, but I agree with K-9. OJ was at another level and you had a sense of wonderment when you watched up at his peak.

GO BILLS!!!

As you wish King Arthur.The table shall be round.

signed

Merlin

I never watched OJ.

Probably never will.

But he does seem to be the consensus pick over and over again

I was fortunate enough to see all of these players except for Mike Stratton. I would call it a toss-up between Smith and Simpson for best ever with Kelly right there in the discussion.

It was hard for me to choose between these two as the best ever Bills.

I also could easily interchange Kelly and Thurman at 3 and 4, but went with Kelly because of the QB position.

I was fortunate enough to see all of these players except for Mike Stratton. I would call it a toss-up between Smith and Simpson for best ever with Kelly right there in the discussion.

How can you call yourself "OldTimer 1960" when you never even saw Stratton play? I saw all of them play. The list is correct.

Stratton wasn't even the best defensive player on the Bills, they had guys named Sestak, McDole, and Dunaway that made it possible for Stratton to operate the way he did. Sestak is the second best defensive player in Bills history after Bruce, Injuries have kept him out of the HOF.

Stratton wasn't even the best defensive player on the Bills, they had guys named Sestak, McDole, and Dunaway that made it possible for Stratton to operate the way he did. Sestak is the second best defensive player in Bills history after Bruce, Injuries have kept him out of the HOF.

Good call on Sestak. He was every bit as good as Bob Lilly; a force, especially vs. the run.

Again, taking nothing away from Stratton, but I don't think he cracks top 10 on my list.

And I say that, knowing numerical rankings of great players is unfair.

GO BILLS!!!

Thank you for posting Old Timer!

Keep us kids in line : )

:worthy::thumbsup:

The entire defense from that AFL championship run was pretty special.