Euro 2016...just sayin'

Cugalabanza

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure. It's confusing. They might make it through with a draw. 4 of the 6 third place teams get to advance.

Well they better win and man I'm so sick of Ronaldo sucking when he plays for Portugal. The guy scores 60 goals a year for Real Madrid but Put him in a Portugal jersey and he cant find the net.

CBF

If Portugal beats Hungary, it will win the group if Austria wins or ties its game against Iceland. If Iceland wins, Portugal could come in second, depending on the goal differential.

If Portugal ties Hungary, it is in trouble. It would need an Iceland-Austria tie, but it trails Iceland on goal differential, so Portugal would need to score more goals in its tie with Hungary than Iceland does in its game with Austria. It’s complicated; consult the chart. It could tie and end in third place, but with three points, third place may not be enough to advance.

Portugal loses to Hungary, it is almost certainly eliminated. It could end in third place, but a Round of 16 berth with just two points is almost impossible.

Here's the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/06/18/upshot/euro-2016-how-portugal-can-advance-to-the-next-round.html?_r=0

For the past week I have viewed this game as a must win and its no different today.

If Portugal cant beat Hungary, they dont deserve to advance.

Actually, they already dont deserve to advance.

I also think Portugal would be a better team without Ronaldo. Yup. I said it

Portugal is ranked #8 in the world. There is no excuse for their play in this tournament

CBF

For the past week I have viewed this game as a must win and its no different today.

If Portugal cant beat Hungary, they dont deserve to advance.

Actually, they already dont deserve to advance.

I also think Portugal would be a better team without Ronaldo. Yup. I said it

Portugal is ranked #8 in the world. There is no excuse for their play in this tournament

CBF

You're right and they keep putting up stinkers in major tournaments. But I thought they played well in the last one, against Austria. They had some bad luck, near misses, great goaltending, Ronaldo hits the post on a PK? (wtf!) Ronaldo played well, just didn't get the finishes. I can't explain it.

Today is a new chance. Let's see what they're made of. I'm guessing 3-0 Portugal.

You're right and they keep putting up stinkers in major tournaments. But I thought they played well in the last one, against Austria. They had some bad luck, near misses, great goaltending, Ronaldo hits the post on a PK? (wtf!) Ronaldo played well, just didn't get the finishes. I can't explain it.

Today is a new chance. Let's see what they're made of. I'm guessing 3-0 Portugal.

Oh I hope your right. I am honestly thinking 0-0 tie or a 1-0 loss

CBF

This new structure of 24 teams with 3rd best teams advancing is garbage.

The bracket now has Germany, Spain, Italy and France on the same side. Belgium could possibly have an unimpeded road to the final.

!@#$ you UEFA.,

This new structure of 24 teams with 3rd best teams advancing is garbage.

The bracket now has Germany, Spain, Italy and France on the same side. Belgium could possibly have an unimpeded road to the final.

!@#$ you UEFA.,

I don't have a problem with the format. It's just odd the way it worked out...and I suppose very unlucky for Italy who will have to beat Spain and then Germany just to make it to the semis.

-----------------

Oh, man. Hungary just scored.

Edited by Cugalabanza

:censored:

CBF

I'm with you, CBF, rooting for Portugal to pull this out. My major sports obsessions are the Bills and U.S. soccer, so I can appreciate your pain.

Somewhere, somehow, the suffering has to end and there has to be a taste of success. It just has to, right?

I'm with you, CBF, rooting for Portugal to pull this out. My major sports obsessions are the Bills and U.S. soccer, so I can appreciate your pain.

Somewhere, somehow, the suffering has to end and there has to be a taste of success. It just has to, right?

Oh man I sure hope so

Goal Portugal!!!!

Please get one more.

A tie does nothing for us

CBF

I don't have a problem with the format. It's just odd the way it worked out...and I suppose very unlucky for Italy who will have to beat Spain and then Germany just to make it to the semis.

-----------------

Oh, man. Hungary just scored.

Extremely. Nevertheless, I think the Italians will get revenge on Spain.