Euro 2016...just sayin'

Cugalabanza

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its sad.......but Im so happy!!!

I'm enjoying this before my Portuguese are ripped a new one by Germany or France

CBF

I wouldn't be so sure.

Germany is missing a lot of their key players but they are loaded with talent. France as well.

If the game goes to 120 minutes, both teams will be exhausted and missing some important players while Portugal will be fully fit going into the final.

Well now I want them to make it even more

CBF

Yeah, Wales has done well. I remember it was a shame at the last WC that a player as great as Gareth Bale was not there. Same for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, as Sweden also did not qualify.

Well done, Portugal! I can't believe they're in the final after barely squeezing out of their group. But, they are peaking at the right time.

Yeah, Wales has done well. I remember it was a shame at the last WC that a player as great as Gareth Bale was not there. Same for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, as Sweden also did not qualify.

Well done, Portugal! I can't believe they're in the final after barely squeezing out of their group. But, they are peaking at the right time.

I agree!

CBF

Sunday. France vs Portugal.

What a bull **** tournament

C'mon Meazza, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

I wanted to see a final of Italy and Germany, but it was not meant to be.

One thing is that Iceland and Wales will be followed more closely in WC Qualifying.

C'mon Meazza, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

I wanted to see a final of Italy and Germany, but it was not meant to be.

One thing is that Iceland and Wales will be followed more closely in WC Qualifying.

Lol. Thanks for feeling my pain brother.

Somebody please explain the incidental handball rule -- it seems unbelievably punitive that a "touching" clearly not intended should result in a penalty kick.

I agree with the call. Schweinsteiger stuck his hand up right where the opponent’s head was about to make contact with the ball. It was in the box and it was a potential chance for a good shot on goal if Schweinsteiger didn’t interrupt the play. I’m not 100% sure that he meant for his hand to contact the ball, but he had no business sticking his hand in there. The fact is that he did handle the ball and it affected the play and it was inside the box. Result: penalty.

German’s own Michael Ballack, now a commentator, had the correct take. He wondered what the hell Schweinsteiger was thinking in that moment. He’s an experienced player. He should have known better than to stick his hand out. The ref had to make that call.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Thanks for the explanation. I was "half" watching, with no sound, so couldn't hear any analysis.

That said, the Germans had tons of chances and couldn't convert -- and that atrocious giveaway that led to the 2nd French goal was something I'd expect the U.S. national team to do, not Germany.