• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what else is awesome?

The green sky

The dry water

A floating anchor.

As for the OP, I think TT's downfall could be that he is seen as a .500 QB because of the crap coaching and the defense performing poorly.

Or, Maybe that's all he is?

Middle of the field. If he does not solve this he will be capped at exactly where he was last season. If he does not find a way to play the middle of the field he will have the occasional big play, will win some games but will never command full respect.

If he doesn't get better there he won't just be capped, he will get worse.

My biggest concern is that he didn't make a lot of throws with anticipation that weren't outs, comebacks or nine routes.

To make a so-so talent like Robert Woods into a playmaker you gotta throw him open.

They are putting a TON of pressure on Tyrod this year by not improving the WR corps.........without a second playmaker at WR Tyrods film proven weaknesses are now something of a stationary target.

The upside is that if he is truly a franchise type talent we are more likely to find out with less than ideal WR personnel.

The downside is that an exploited weakness could cause an avalanche in his production/stock.

Opposing defenses will take away the sidelines, AKA the only place he's found any semblance of consistency. They will also contain his run game, as he will be far more predictable with the sidelines gone. He will not make significant enough progress with intermediate passes over the middle of the field. Because of everything I previously mentioned, he will end up turning the ball over far more than he did last year and his stats will be more in line with what a career backup's stats normally look like when they become starters.

I won't call it the "middle of the field" throws, so much as I'll call it the middle of the play throws. To explain, he was either getting the ball out very quick last season or very delayed. Factually, he had more 25+ yard passes (in the air) than any other quarterback in the NFL last season. He had success when he had the time to wait for a play to develop. This year, I expect teams to take that away to a degree. Look for more doubles on Sammy with a safety over the top. His achilles last season was finding targets when he got to that 2.0-2.5 seconds range off the snap. He often took off running instead of throwing. If he doesn't find those targets, he's going to get his bell rung at some point. Injury will not bode well for the team.

The NFL pay scale for QB's. I think the money he'll likely command - may not coincide with the time he'll need for development. The NFL is in a quandary right now with being patient with a QB vs what you have to pay them.

Edited by Triple Threat

Opposing defenses will take away the sidelines, AKA the only place he's found any semblance of consistency. They will also contain his run game, as he will be far more predictable with the sidelines gone. He will not make significant enough progress with intermediate passes over the middle of the field. Because of everything I previously mentioned, he will end up turning the ball over far more than he did last year and his stats will be more in line with what a career backup's stats normally look like when they become starters.

Are there really enough players on the field to take away two sidelines, keep Sammy contained, and still have personnel to keep a spy on Tyrod to limit the run? I'm not an expert on the X's and O's and but that seems like a daunting task and one which would present favorable matchups for our RBs.

Are there really enough players on the field to take away two sidelines, keep Sammy contained, and still have personnel to keep a spy on Tyrod to limit the run? I'm not an expert on the X's and O's and but that seems like a daunting task and one which would present favorable matchups for our RBs.

shhhhh

This hurts Gugs crusade

shhhhh

This hurts Gugs crusade

It's not a crusade, Einstein. It's what the thread is about/asked for. But as per usual, you won't contribute anything other than to say, "nu uh."

Exactly. A run-based power offense with a mobile quarterback = defenses crowding the middle (which, to an extent explains the low number of passes there). Seems like you'd want a QB who excels at/prefers throwing to the sidelines.

Tyrod's great weakness, IMO, would be his snap-to-release time.

He had the slowest in the NFL last year, and he's got to speed it up while improving his ability to get the ball to his targets in stride. It's not an easy thing to do, and if he doesn't make it happen, then he'll have to live and die by the deep ball instead of being able to hit the money throws--the mid-range completions that keep the chains moving.

Well, I think the idea would be to have the corners play outside leverage and funnel things to the middle of the field, and for the EDGE defenders to rush wide and upfield--basically keep Taylor in the pocket; it's not much different than what NE did against him last year.

Now, that type of defense does indeed expose them to the run, but I would imagine that most teams are willing to bend-but-not-break in terms of allowing rushing yards and limiting us to FGs in the red zone if they can.

Where it could fall apart is with Roman's ability to create mismatches in the short passing game, but again, that's going to be dependent upon Taylor's ability to speed up the snap-to-release process while maintaining (actually, improving) his ability to accurately get the ball to his targets in stride.

Hope that makes sense.

It's not a crusade, Einstein. It's what the thread is about/asked for. But as per usual, you won't contribute anything other than to say, "nu uh."

"nu uh"

..........."uh"

Happy?

:)

Tissue?

God forbid anyone criticize your sacred cow.

Did you have to use that term? Cows usually get slaughtered!

Sammy/long ball. A huge part of what makes Tyrod and the Bills offense go round is the long ball. If Tyrod doesn't have anybody that can clearly establish himself in that role he has no chance. That is the only thing we can do to stretch the defense. Need Sammy healthy. R. Woods is a good WR, but has no vertical game. He can't be our number one.

Edited by KzooMike

Sammy/long ball. A huge part of what makes Tyrod and the Bills offense go round is the long ball. If Tyrod doesn't have anybody that can clearly establish himself in that role he has no chance. That is the only thing we can do to stretch the defense. Need Sammy healthy. R. Woods is a good WR, but has no vertical game. He can't be our number.

Since Harvin went missing Roman had to change the game. it was tough last year till Sammy shouted from the rooftops.

ME! Bal!

expect a different game this season.

Agree the game and Tyrod are built for that over the top route testing one- one and safety watch.

But that the tape and what teams want to stop