4 new elements being named (Tom will need new towels)

Beerball

what happened to numbers 114 and 116????

I am guessing they weren't synthesized yet? Nothing in life is purely sequential.

Ain't a chemist, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express. I wonder if this like a 3 or 5, etc... Cylinder internal combustion engine thing? They had ones, twos, then 4, 6, etc... What I am saying... Maybe it is just too complicated to nail the 114 and 116 down just yet? :nana::nana:

Should I demand a refund from Holiday Inn? :D

I am enquiring about that refund as we speak. :bag:

You're not entirely wrong...they're already named because they were easier to identify.

There's a whole group of elements that were created around the same time (roughly, 111 to 118). But "creating" and "discovering" are two different things...you have to collect the evidence that you created them, which involves observation of decay products and working backwards to prove that the energies of the decay products could only come from. Then you write up the paper and have it published. Then it's "discovered." (That's something people don't understand about "discovery" - it's sharing it with others that counts. The Vikings and most likely Chinese got to America before Columbus...but Columbus discovered America because he was the first to come back and say "You're not gonna believe this ****...")

And it's really difficult, too - one of these elements, they managed to create three atoms of it. Maybe four. They're not sure.

Until they name a Feynmenium and Gellmannium, I'm boycotting the periodic table. Back to earth, air, fire, and water for me...

Do you remember dancing in September?