Brexit

Brexit  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will Great Britain vote to leave the EU

2. 2. Should Great Britain vote to leave the EU

3. 3. Should the new version of TSW allow animated Hypnotoad Avatars

7 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I'm not.

A second Brexit vote would only serve as political cover for a predetermined outcome (Remain)

Probably.  The $hitshow in trying to negotiate a Brexit deal has shifted public sentiment enough to the point that a majority would pry vote for the status quo and remain.

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

That's not how it works champ.  You don't vote on something to see how it works out, then hold another vote to decide if you really meant it the first time

They needed to pass it to see what was in it.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:59 AM, Doc Brown said:

Probably.  The $hitshow in trying to negotiate a Brexit deal has shifted public sentiment enough to the point that a majority would pry vote for the status quo and remain.

At this point, I think the public is just sick of it. In reality, there's probably a sub-section on both sides that are loud and entrenched and the rest of us are simply just bored with it.

As someone that voted to remain in the EU, I'd actually welcome the chance to vote on an actual legally-binding agreement that I could judge for myself. The main reason that I couldn't bring myself to vote to leave was for the exact same reasons that have played out; nobody in the history of Earth has ever successfully negotiated from a position of weakness. The EU has us over a barrel and they know it.

I'm not saying that I'd vote to leave for sure, just that I'd be willing to change my mind if I knew what I was actually voting for.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm catching up in the open border British liberal meltdown. This was known for at least a week that Boris was gonna be PM, and yet there was a meltdown today.  

2019-07-23_13-41-18.png.278e094a71731a310b061fa5f1f27314.png       ??

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Priti Patel: Brexit right-winger laying down the law

Priti-Patel.jpg&f=1

Priti Patel, Britain's new interior minister, is a right-wing, hardcore Brexiteer who was previously sacked from the cabinet for secret meetings with the Israeli government.

Home Secretary Patel, 47, impressed Britain's new Prime Minister Boris Johnson when she campaigned beside him for "Vote Leave" in the 2016 EU membership referendum.

Patel is a social conservative who has voted against introducing same-sex marriage and has expressed support for restoring the death penalty -- although she has since rowed back.

On taking office, Johnson promoted her to one of the chief ministries. She was the most senior woman around the new cabinet table when it first met on Thursday.

The rising star is now in charge of law and order in Britain.

"I will do everything in my power to keep our country safe, our people secure and also to fight the scourge of crime that we see on our streets," she said.

(Excerpt) Read more at thejakartapost.com ...

An Indian serving as the Saviour of Britain.

Irony: The Mark of Quality Literature.

• Like (+1) 1

Welp, the EU had a chance to be reasonable, and now it appears they will be feeling some pain as well as the UK.  I wonder if stuff likes this brings them back to the table with a more equitable solution?

British PM Boris Johnson ‘turbo-charges’ plans for no-deal Brexit

Johnson has promised ‘all necessary funding’ beyond the US$5.1 billion already allocated

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s government holds the first of a series of daily meetings Tuesday designed to ramp up preparations to leave the European Union without a Brexit deal on October 31.

Government departments and businesses made extensive preparations ahead of the original March 29 deadline for Brexit, but after two delays, many plans were scaled back.

Johnson has now ordered government to “turbo-charge” its efforts, promising “all necessary funding”, beyond the £4.2 billion (US$5.1 billion) already allocated.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...