Keep traffic off your road by posting false traffic reports

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not considered texting. using a gps on your phone is legal

Using your phone in any way, shape or form whilst driving is illegal. Picking it up and looking at it to see what time it is can get you a ticket.

it's not considered texting. using a gps on your phone is legal

There are a lot of things that are legal that are a menace. If you have to look at your phone and click things to let some other dumbass know there's a pothole at the 121 mile marker of route 101 you're a menace.

Using your phone in any way, shape or form whilst driving is illegal. Picking it up and looking at it to see what time it is can get you a ticket.

no. no, it can't.

There are a lot of things that are legal that are a menace. If you have to look at your phone and click things to let some other dumbass know there's a pothole at the 121 mile marker of route 101 you're a menace.

and if you're going to be driving through an area and want to alert someone there is a car pulled over along the median and hanging out in the road... that's not a better alternative? people are going to be stupid. at least i'm samrt enough to know i'm stupid. i use waze because it benefits me and benefits those behind me in turn.

no. no, it can't.

and if you're going to be driving through an area and want to alert someone there is a car pulled over along the median and hanging out in the road... that's not a better alternative? people are going to be stupid. at least i'm samrt enough to know i'm stupid. i use waze because it benefits me and benefits those behind me in turn.

Chances are pretty good that the car is hanging out in the road because they hit the median while posting there is a squirrel loose on the 880.

I forgot where you lived and how so many of your laws are so stupid. My apologies.

I love north Carolina laws.

Chances are pretty good that the car is hanging out in the road because they hit the median while posting there is a squirrel loose on the 880.

unpossible. Andy would have that car moved to the side quick.

I love north Carolina laws.

unpossible. Andy would have that car moved to the side quick.

NC blows when I first got down there with Mass plates I had a state trooper spin around on a main road to give me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt. When I was finally moving back home I had another incident with a good ole boy state trooper as I was heading up 95.

NC blows when I first got down there with Mass plates I had a state trooper spin around on a main road to give me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt. When I was finally moving back home I had another incident with a good ole boy state trooper as I was heading up 95.

that's funny, myself and many others including a recent girl i was seeing for a short bit from Buffalo have all kept our out of state tags way past expiration from out of state and don't have issues.

though, i've been pulled with nc tags about 6 times in the last 6 months to have a random check more or less. apparently i swerve... which is odd.

that's funny, myself and many others including a recent girl i was seeing for a short bit from Buffalo have all kept our out of state tags way past expiration from out of state and don't have issues.

though, i've been pulled with nc tags about 6 times in the last 6 months to have a random check more or less. apparently i swerve... which is odd.

i assume you were in western NC? They feast on out of state tags around all the military bases on the coast,

maybe that's the difference?

NYS has its expiration sticker on the window. Maybe they don't see it or care? Afterall, it is another state, can still another state give you a ticket for that?

Why would you keep it expired? Unless you like doing the Timothy McVeigh thing?

NYS has its expiration sticker on the window. Maybe they don't see it or care? Afterall, it is another state, can still another state give you a ticket for that?

Why would you keep it expired? Unless you like doing the Timothy McVeigh thing?

lazy. Avoid paying for new registration deferring payment a while. Avoid inspection costs.

i assume you were in western NC? They feast on out of state tags around all the military bases on the coast,

maybe that's the difference?

central. The piedmont. Gso, w-S to Charlotte and gastonia

So let's see if I have this correct. You text and drive and you drive with expired plates. Anything else you do that should be a concern?

lazy. Avoid paying for new registration deferring payment a while. Avoid inspection costs.

central. The piedmont. Gso, w-S to Charlotte and gastonia

Over 30 days in Illinois you have to pay a penalty... I forget how much of the standard (passeger vehicle) $101.00 yearly reg. fee. Then I think, it is the whole fee over again if you wait too long. ??

Unless one is living paycheck to paycheck OR is some anti-authority/gov't crackpot, I simply don't see the point and risk assessment out there in law enforcement's own private playground... Especially with plate scanning tech.

So let's see if I have this correct. You text and drive and you drive with expired plates. Anything else you do that should be a concern?

You might want to grab a seat and a snickers, just in case he plans on responding to this question honestly.

Hopefully not banging intoxicated chicks behind dumpsters!

:-O

You might want to grab a seat and a snickers, just in case he plans on responding to this question honestly.

Where do you think he falls in relation to this OpEd:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/05/opinion/sunday/unless-youre-oprah-be-yourself-is-terrible-advice.html

Texting, calling, Waze-ing -- they're all equally bad. Set your GPS with audio prompts and focus on the road, with brief glances at the map as needed. Bluetooth calling only. Do anything else and you're playing Russian Roulette with the lives of yourself, your passengers, and everyone in your path.

Cops talk about the "2-second rule" -- basically, anything that removes a driver's attention from the roadway for more than 2 seconds significantly increases the chance for something bad to happen.