A.C. Joint sprain

Anyone ever have one. I am 57 ,sprained mine with a very slight fracture of my clavicle. Was cow boying around on my atv and flipped it. I landed on the dirt road,no shirt. Lots of road rash. Any way ,I lost 42 lbs and been lifting weights. I maxed out at 275 bench. I weigh 175. Now I`m concerned that my shoulder is shot. Doc says no surgery needed. Anyone else do this. It`s a grade one. Was scary ,had a lump on my shoulder,seems to have went down.

My father tore his rotator cuff a few years back falling off a golf cart. He had to have surgery. He can do everything he used to be able to but he still doesn't have the full strength that he used to. he still plays golf and fishes and stuff.

If you don't need surgery, you will probably be fine

My father tore his rotator cuff a few years back falling off a golf cart. He had to have surgery. He can do everything he used to be able to but he still doesn't have the full strength that he used to. he still plays golf and fishes and stuff.

The doc said my rotator cuff was good. A little arthur in my a.c. joint also. I guess if I can deal with 5 bad disc`s in my back and two bone spurs in my cervical spine,acl recon in my left knee, left elbow surgery,and hernia surgery ,besides alot of other things.I`ll be alright ? Getting old sucks. Wanna be a high school hero kids. Think long about it.

The doc said my rotator cuff was good. A little arthur in my a.c. joint also. I guess if I can deal with 5 bad disc`s in my back and two bone spurs in my cervical spine,acl recon in my left knee, left elbow surgery,and hernia surgery ,besides alot of other things.I`ll be alright ? Getting old sucks. Wanna be a high school hero kids. Think long about it.

no wonder you're so cranky all the time

Your father was obviously sauced...how the !@#$ do you fall out of a golf cart??

Anyone ever have one. I am 57 ,sprained mine with a very slight fracture of my clavicle. Was cow boying around on my atv and flipped it. I landed on the dirt road,no shirt. Lots of road rash. Any way ,I lost 42 lbs and been lifting weights. I maxed out at 275 bench. I weigh 175. Now I`m concerned that my shoulder is shot. Doc says no surgery needed. Anyone else do this. It`s a grade one. Was scary ,had a lump on my shoulder,seems to have went down.

do the rehab and get back to lifting you will be fine, you will get over 300.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

good lord! Did you let people beat you with a two by four or something??

Glad you survived!!

But remember-- there's only one guy who beat Father Time: Fred Jackson. You should try to be more like him.

I`d give anything for that young body,and a hell of alot less injuries.Ha.

good lord! Did you let people beat you with a two by four or something??

Hard work and a car wreck or two . Yeah and I still work. Burning in my legs ,from nerves. Acl recon is tore again. rt knee torn mcl . Broken rt big toe.Alot more people on disability ,healthier than me.

Don't know if I hurt the AC joint, but I messed up my shoulder when I flipped off my bike. Went right back to yoga class and thought I could work through it. Nah. Best thing is to rest it and go back nice and easy. The shoulder is a complicated joint.