The National Hot Dog Council is 100% correct

Beerball

Had a hot dog with cole slaw and bacon on it once, and I'm not ashamed to admit that it was better than any sexual experience I've ever had.

That said, I think mustard is the go-to and ketchup is a no fly zone. Something interesting I experienced several times abroad was honey on hot dogs. Not bad, just not my thing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only Red Sox fans put ketchup on hot dogs.

I am a Red Sox fan.

Not a commie.

(My dad is a Yankees fan).

The only time my dad ever called me a communist was when I put ketchup on my hot dog.

Anything that tastes good on a hot dog is fine, including ketchup. It's not like it's a chicken wing.

I had a hot dog last week with sour cream, onions and tomatoes. Delicious.

Edited by Chilly

I would say nearly every person I know regularly puts ketchup on dogs. I had no idea it was such a divisive topic.

Agreed. Outside of a handful of dudes in threads like this I've never seen much of a dividing line

My meatloaf is loved by all. I smother it in ketchup. But for a meatloaf sandwich, I'll have mustard and/or mayo.

Mustard on meatloaf? !@#$ that. Gimme a slice of American (pre-great again) cheese, some ketchup and nail it with Tabasco.

Mustard on meatloaf? !@#$ that. Gimme a slice of American (pre-great again) cheese, some ketchup and nail it with Tabasco.

I actually use brown mustard IN my meatloaf recipe. I also use mustard (and spices) to coat chicken before dipping in flour and frying. My fried chicken and meatloaf are my family's faves!

I actually use brown mustard IN my meatloaf recipe. I also use mustard (and spices) to coat chicken before dipping in flour and frying. My fried chicken and meatloaf are my family's faves!

Nothing wrong with spicy brown mustard in meatloaf especially if you use sweet georgia onions with them. When I make I use brown sugar, some honey, chopped green onions, sour cream and either rye or pumpernickel bread crumbs. No catsup but will mix pulped plum tomatoes, sea salt and molasses for top.

Ketchup on a dog is nothing compared to one of the other bracket choices...Mayo? :sick:

For me nothing beats the traditional Texas Hot...mustard, onions & Texas Hot Dog Sauce made famous by Louie's and most of the greek restaurants in WNY. Not sure if these are even served outside of WNY? I would guess some form of the sauce is served on hot dogs in "Texas"? :doh:

Edited by LabattBlue