I've got an 8088 in my closet if they need it

Two weeks ago, we had a meeting with a government agency with a project that we are doing. And, given the nature of the project, it required coordination/approval with this government agency.

So I called the government guy and asked him how many copies of our project document (1100 pages) he needed for his agency in order to review it. He e-mailed me back and said that they do no use "paper" submissions anymore, and that they use only use electronic submissions. And he sent me a link to use to submit it, along with instructions.

So, we used his link to send in our 1100-page document (pdf).

And, he and his co-workers used Adobe Acrobat to mark up their comments on our pdf.

So, two weeks ago we had a meeting with the government agency at their office to review our project. And for the meeting, which included a total of 23 people, the government guy printed 23 color copies of the 1100-page document with the mark-ups and handed them out at the meeting.

:lol:

Based off a quick Staples search for printer paper and toner cartridges and HPs website on network printer specs

23 people * 1100 pages = 25300 pages

500 pages per ream = 51 reams of paper

$7 per ream = $357 for paper

estimate 10,000 pages per toner cartridge

25,300 pages = 3 toner cartidges

$200 per cartridge

$600 for toner

estimate 40 pages per minute

25300 pages = 632.5 minutes ~ 10.5 hours of printing

Network printer consumes about 750W

750W * 10.5h = 7.875 kWh

So figure about $950 to print that out

And the environmental impact of 25300 sheets of paper, 3 toner cartridges, and 8 kwh of electricity

And that's about 250 lbs of paper.

The sad thing is, it doesn't surprise me. Disappoints me, yes. But I'm not the least bit surprised.