Ron Brooks and Leodis McKelvin...... Philly's Starting CB's?

H2o

I know that I'm in the minority but I thought that Brooks should have been given more of a chance in Buffalo. He was the best open field tackler on the team IMO.

I'm not sure that he's an every down player but I'm not even a little surprised that Schwartz wanted him.

Man, I'm going to be interested in watching them. I'll always pull for leodis. As Murph says "My Man!"

I know that I'm in the minority but I thought that Brooks should have been given more of a chance in Buffalo. He was the best open field tackler on the team IMO.

I'm not sure that he's an every down player but I'm not even a little surprised that Schwartz wanted him.

The only time I really ever saw Brooks flash was on ST. Good athlete but seemed prone to make mistakes on D

Man, I'm going to be interested in watching them. I'll always pull for leodis. As Murph says "My Man!"

The only time I really ever saw Brooks flash was on ST. Good athlete but seemed prone to make mistakes on D

Yeah seemed to be out of position a lot and was quick to bite on receivers moves.

Leodis will end up starting, probably over Rowe who was brutal in man coverage in 2015. Brooks might have a shot at starting as the nickel, but is more likely a depth guy.

TJ Graham is also there competing for a roster spot at WR.

You mean Chip really messed up that team. I really don't like that guy. He'll ruin SF, and then go back to college and probably do well. Two years ago McKelvin was solid at CB. Brooks never really ever made an impact, so he's most likely depth at best.

SF is already ruined. That team was a contender every year with Harbaugh. Ever since they have been going down the toilet. They are so bad that guys would rather retire than plan for them.

SF is already ruined. That team was a contender every year with Harbaugh. Ever since they have been going down the toilet. They are so bad that guys would rather retire than plan for them.

Except the last year. For any of you guys that follow European soccer Jim Haraugh remind me of Jose Mourinho. He is a winner but not a long term option anywhere, because that level of intensity is not possible to maintain over a long period. It grates on people, it is exhausting to be around.

Jim Harbaugh will come back into the NFL at some point, turn another disaster around, have a great 3 or 4 year run and then his personality will exhaust people and he will spend a year falling out with everyone.

I agree Brooks was a good open field tackler.

In my estimation Brooks has all the ability in the world, speed, tackling, physicality.... Just makes mental mistakes all the time.

I think that there is a lot of truth here. I don't think that he will ever be very good because of it but he can certainly be a rotational guy.

I think that there is a lot of truth here. I don't think that he will ever be very good because of it but he can certainly be a rotational guy.

especially in a simplified scheme where hes not on an island. if you give him specific packages with support behind him - he can contribute. i wouldnt want him starting in a rex ryan defense outside, but as a dime for schwartz i wouldnt be surprised if he plays well enough.

They are passable CBs. You can do a lot worse. It's just that both of those guys will drive the Eagles fan base insane with their ill timed penalties and mistakes. McKelvin is the defensive equivalent of the Fitzpatrick fourth quarter interception.