SEC Files Insider Trading Complaint Against Phil Mickelson

Wow. $931K in one day.

Homeboy is in some deep schit.

No he's not. He apparently traded on information that was given to him, that he did not know wasn't public info. He's got to pay a fine (basically give the profit to the SEC, I think), but there's no criminal wrongdoing on his part.

The guy that GAVE him the inside info...he's screwed...

No he's not. He apparently traded on information that was given to him, that he did not know wasn't public info. He's got to pay a fine (basically give the profit to the SEC, I think), but there's no criminal wrongdoing on his part.

You mean Gugny was full of crap?

No that would be wrong. If he is found guilty of insider trading his civil penalty can be up to three times the gains made or losses avoided.

Oh BTW I've not been around lately. Been crazy busy at work and my assistant quit. I just popped in to tell Tom he's wrong. :D

Edited by Chef Jim

No that would be wrong. If he is found guilty of insider trading his civil penalty can be up to three times the gains made or losses avoided.

Oh BTW I've not been around lately. Been crazy busy at work and my assistant quit. I just popped in to tell Tom he's wrong. :D

Yes, I know that, but in his particular case the SEC appears to be just taking his profits, as a relief defendant who profited from other people's actions with no knowledge of their actions being illegal.

Yes, I know that, but in his particular case the SEC appears to be just taking his profits, as a relief defendant who profited from other people's actions with no knowledge of their actions being illegal.

Shirley, you don't believe this.

Shirley, you don't believe this.

"Hey, you know, you should buy this stock. It's going to skyrocket."

"Oh, okay."

Yes, it does happen. What, you think every insider tip comes with a label "WARNING: Inside information. Do not trade?" Shirley you don't believe this. The SEC doesn't.

"Hey, you know, you should buy this stock. It's going to skyrocket."

"Oh, okay."

Yes, it does happen. What, you think every insider tip comes with a label "WARNING: Inside information. Do not trade?" Shirley you don't believe this. The SEC doesn't.

This is the 2nd time (that I can see, anyway) that he's been linked to insider trading. He knows. Pat Moran would run his daughter over if I was wrong.

Yes you know that now because I pointed it out. You words "I think" were the give away. :D

Yes you know that now because I pointed it out. You words "I think" were the give away. :D

No, I knew that was the case for criminal cases. I wasn't sure if it was the case for a civil case against a relief defendant...which, apparently, it isn't.