Wegmans Richmond (VA) store opens on Sunday

Just got home. What a freakin zoo! Parking lot may be inadequate. Between the Wegmans crowd, and Sams Club, (across the road) on the N side of Rt 60, it's mostly impassable. I'll give it 10 days or 2 weeks and go again.

I wish they had a standard store layout. I'm used to Fredericksburg, and this is mostly different.

Saw your 2nd tweet.

Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch wait tables in Richmond? Omg.

How much would those seats run. To be able to yell legion of boom at Sherman while he pours my wine is worth 500.00. Cost has to be triple that at minimum no ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

they just did a complete layover at my local wegmans...i wonder if the fredericksburg location is the older layout and the midlo one is the newest planogram. i am still getting used to the new layout

Just got home. What a freakin zoo! Parking lot may be inadequate. Between the Wegmans crowd, and Sams Club, (across the road) on the N side of Rt 60, it's mostly impassable. I'll give it 10 days or 2 weeks and go again.

I wish they had a standard store layout. I'm used to Fredericksburg, and this is mostly different.

Saw your 2nd tweet.

Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch wait tables in Richmond? Omg.

How much would those seats run. To be able to yell legion of boom at Sherman while he pours my wine is worth 500.00. Cost has to be triple that at minimum no ?

you know, i have no idea...never looked at going. One of the hotter new restaurants here as well.

Rumor is "aw shucks, what a great guy I am Russell Wilson" could not carve out the time for his home town...while these guys could.

with all the news of the 60 widening project not done, i think i am at least a month before i venture there on the weekend...may go on a Wednesday afternoon in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by plenzmd1

think they are coming to Cary for all you relocated Yankees. think it was about 18 months from announcement to store opening here in Richmond

Yeah, they had the announcement a few months back, but I haven't heard anything since. I hope things are moving forward there.

Williams can be such a cranky old coot...he is the Sully of Richmond.

me and wifey poo heading over in 20 minutes for our first foray into the new store.

Just can't let any of my West End brethren know i am going to the South Side...might never be able to play West End Reindeer games again! Will give a report this afternoon!

back from the initial jaunt...holy moley the place is still packed, even on a Wed. afternoon at 1.30!

Little different layout than the NOVA ones, but close enough! No oyster bar., but they do have The Pub, full-service restaurant . Pretty pricey though in there, cheeseburger was $12. We split a pizza combo and had a few wings from the bar.

Just about all the WNY hotdog/sausage was wiped out. I took the last Sahlens, 2 packages of Zwigels left..Hofmans and Wardynski Sausage gone!

One last thing...if you like SmartMouth beers, for some reason they have them $6.99 a six. I like the Alter Ego Saison, pay $12.99 for it at Total Wine...just wiped em out of the 4 cases they had. That ain't gonna last for long before they realize they have them mispriced.