This Article Made Me Smile (Jairus Byrd)

nobody can coach Byrd. He has no desire to play this game with a hangnail. From day one I always thought he was too cautious (I won`t say cowardly) and soft. He was a baseball center firlder playing football.

Bryd is the new Lavar Arrington.....mouth is 10 times bigger than the actions. Take the money and run type.

The main thing that gives me pause about Rob Ryan was the report that 2 years ago, there were problems with late defensive play calls and late defensive substitutions, and that last year expectations for change were laid out and not met. This is per Payton, of course, so one could call it "disagreeing with the head coach", but it sounds like the sort of thing that could be fact-checked pretty readily.

So last year, we had a dose of the same problems. Therefore, taking the Payton comments on Rob Ryan's firing at face value, bringing him in did not sound like a wise strategy to address these problems.

I have also made this observation. However Rex needed his bro for moral support while hes going thru his super pregnancy. it is INcredible

The main thing that gives me pause about Rob Ryan was the report that 2 years ago, there were problems with late defensive play calls and late defensive substitutions, and that last year expectations for change were laid out and not met. This is per Payton, of course, so one could call it "disagreeing with the head coach", but it sounds like the sort of thing that could be fact-checked pretty readily.

So last year, we had a dose of the same problems. Therefore, taking the Payton comments on Rob Ryan's firing at face value, bringing him in did not sound like a wise strategy to address these problems.

maybe he can work better with Rex

I have also made this observation. However Rex needed his bro for moral support while hes going thru his super pregnancy. it is Incredible

I wonder if his fully pregnant comments is a response to Buddy Nix show me the baby?

What i got from this article is that Ryans love to take top 5 defenses and ruin them. Bryd is overpaid and even if he produced in NO like he did here he is not worth that money, but on the other hand don't we still need a safety? This seems to be a time where both the player and team made it work.

i think you clicked on the wrong article...at least I hope you did

These were good calls letting Spiller and Byrd walk. We'll see if Ryan bringing in his brother and Ed Reed will make an impact and everyone gets on the same page with this defense. I'm still highly skeptical, but want to believe they can make it work like Ryan's first two Jets defenses of the six years.

If they come back to form, then it really was Idzick cleaning up Tannenbaum's mess in the cap, and Rex lost his talent. If they are still undisciplined, and calls coming in late, then that pregnant baby is going up for adoption with a Ryan firing.