Fitzpatrick will be 2nd lowest paid starting QB?

Saxum

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2016/05/16/the-way-we-hear-it-new-york-jets-have-backs-against-the-wall-with-fitzpatrick-situation/aw0hqq3/

Among the 22 teams in the NFL whose starting quarterbacks this year aren’t playing on their rookie contracts — assuming Colin Kaepernick is the starter in San Francisco — their average salary is approximately $17.5 million. Andy Dalton is the second-lowest at $16 million and only Mark Sanchez, assuming he keeps the starting job in Denver, will make less than what the Jets have offered Fitzpatrick at $4.5 million

Tyrod is definitely the starting QB for Bills and is definitely not playing on his rookie contract so what is writer at profootballweekly thinking?

And yes I sent note to author asking WTF?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2016/05/16/the-way-we-hear-it-new-york-jets-have-backs-against-the-wall-with-fitzpatrick-situation/aw0hqq3/

Tyrod is definitely the starting QB for Bills and is definitely not playing on his rookie contract so what is writer at profootballweekly thinking?

And yes I sent note to author asking WTF?

shhhh don't get Tyrod's agent started again

Pick Six is done. He isn't playing for less and the Jets aren't paying any more, nor is anyone else. We all know what Fitz brings, a squandered chance late. Who wants that? Everyone has seen all the tapes by now and there is no grassy knoll.

Good for fitz. Stand your ground. Know your worth. If its not worth it enjoy your life

I agree with this, entirely. I've read and heard tons of criticism of Fitz for being selfish and having no leverage, especially by the local NY media. But I think Fitz is a man of principle who also happens to be coming off a record season. Why should he settle for an insult of an offer? I hope he stands his ground. But I think Chan and his teammates are gonna nag the crap out of him to come back.

GO BILLS!!!

Good for fitz. Stand your ground. Know your worth. If its not worth it enjoy your life

Exactly squeeze every penny out of the Jets. Only good can come from this as Bills fans. Either he isn't QB and we win, or he becomes the Jets QB for a ton of money and we still win.

Exactly squeeze every penny out of the Jets. Only good can come from this as Bills fans. Either he isn't QB and we win, or he becomes the Jets QB for a ton of money and we still win.

no its not squeeze the jets its know your worth.

fitz is 33 years old and been in the nfl 10+ years. he has made a good living and has an education to carry him past his playing days. another season in the nfl, getting beat up and banged up is not just an easy option. if he had no other options in life, sure.

unless he buckles. then he will be quite the pansy

why? he doesn't have to buckle. no one knows where they're at money wise.

I agree with this, entirely. I've read and heard tons of criticism of Fitz for being selfish and having no leverage, especially by the local NY media. But I think Fitz is a man of principle who also happens to be coming off a record season. Why should he settle for an insult of an offer? I hope he stands his ground. But I think Chan and his teammates are gonna nag the crap out of him to come back.

GO BILLS!!!

like i said, why would he care tocome back to a team that may or may not be able to make a championship run? a team that has a few issues on the line? a team that won't pay him what he knows his life is worth. at his age and being as smart as he is, he knows his contract isn't about 1 year it's about a continuation of the next 10-20-30...etc.

by now maybe, and it is likely, he knows he can't play forever and he might as well get out while he can walk away.

unless he buckles. then he will be quite the pansy

he won't buckle. I have been saying this for close to a month now. here me. Fitzy is done. No mas. He ain't a pansy and won't play again.

Edited by iinii

he won't buckle. I have been saying this for close to a month now. here me. Fitzy is done. No mas. He ain't a pansy and won't play again.

I am not sure about that. But i think the odds favor your opinion

Jets have no cap room to offer anything more