Breaking Down Kolby Listenbee as More than a Deep Threat

Sure, he's talented but he does nothing elite at the position. He's not super fast. He's not super agile. He doesn't have elite hands (he has good hands). He doesn't break tackles and isn't elite at running routes.

If it wasn't for Brady, he'd be bouncing from team to team. He's JAG.

Better than anyone on the Bills except Sammy but he's JAG?

I thought you liked Bob Woods a lot? Wrong guy?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than anyone on the Bills except Sammy but he's JAG?

I thought you liked Bob Woods a lot? Wrong guy?

Yes, he's probably better than anyone in the Bills WR room who doesn't wear #14. I'd argue he's not better than Woods either, but I'd rather say it's inconclusive at this stage. Woods has had a tremendously better start to his NFL career than him, despite not having the luxury of playing with a HOFer at the QB position.

To put it in perspective:

Woods' first 3 years: 152 rec, 1,838 yards, 11 TDs

Edleman's first 3 years: 48 rec, 479 yards, 1 TD

Last year, playing on a torn groin, Woods outperformed any of Edleman's first three years in every category.

He's a JAG without Brady. He is not elite in any category. And he's a douchebag.

But saying he's better than anyone outside of Sammy on the Bills roster isn't a ringing endorsement. It's more a statement to how little WR talent this team has currently.

Sure, he's talented but he does nothing elite at the position. He's not super fast. He's not super agile. He doesn't have elite hands (he has good hands). He doesn't break tackles and isn't elite at running routes.

He's quick as hell, gets open early. That's what beli likes

Yes, he's probably better than anyone in the Bills WR room who doesn't wear #14. I'd argue he's not better than Woods either, but I'd rather say it's inconclusive at this stage. Woods has had a tremendously better start to his NFL career than him, despite not having the luxury of playing with a HOFer at the QB position.

Last year, playing on a torn groin, Woods outperformed any of Edleman's first three years in every category.

He's a JAG without Brady. He is not elite in any category. And he's a douchebag.

But saying he's better than anyone outside of Sammy on the Bills roster isn't a ringing endorsement. It's more a statement to how little WR talent this team has currently.

Edelman is definitely a much better football player now than Woods.....with his versatility the sum of his entire game is on a different level.......and it showed in the drop in production the Pats had after he went out last year.

Brady has helped his receiving numbers a lot but it's not like Woods is even close to his production recently.

Woods has more natural receiving talent.....as you would expect from a high second round pick........ and he isn't uncompetitive by any means but he struggled with maturity issues his first two seasons. His QB's haven't helped him out a lot but in the end he's still been an underachiever. I expect him to have an "achiever" season this year being his contract year but I agree that he has been JAG and he should have been more.

Edelman is definitely a much better football player now than Woods.....with his versatility the sum of his entire game is on a different level.......and it showed in the drop in production the Pats had after he went out last year.

Brady has helped his receiving numbers a lot but it's not like Woods is even close to his production recently.

Woods has more natural receiving talent.....as you would expect from a high second round pick........ and he isn't uncompetitive by any means but he struggled with maturity issues his first two seasons. His QB's haven't helped him out a lot but in the end he's still been an underachiever. I expect him to have an "achiever" season this year being his contract year but I agree that he has been JAG and he should have been more.

:rolleyes:

Edleman's never played a full season, has only been over 1k yards once -- hell, he's only been over 500 yards 3 times in a 7 year career (Woods has eclipsed that mark each of his three years) and never had more than 7 TDs in a season. If Woods merely keeps pace with how his career has begun, he'll surpass Edleman in every meaningful statistical category by the same point in their career timelines.

He's talented, but he's a JAG. I'd rather have Woods -- unless Brady is my QB.

Edelman is great at getting open, and has chemistry with Brady*, but look at his drop percentage-- it's horrible.

Edelman is great at getting open, and has chemistry with Brady*, but look at his drop percentage-- it's horrible.

Agreed (and I agree with Over 20 above as well). I'm not at all saying he's terrible. He's not. But I do think he's a JAG on any other team that doesn't have Brady. His numbers aren't really that great and durability has always been his downfall along with the occasional bout of stone-hands.

I would expect Blount to have his workload increased. :m)

: )

either way.

Ragland and Brown and Brown are the guys to stop the Patriots game four

Listenbee, sure hope he has a could TC and preseason. Some think he will take awhile to develop into an able WR.

anyone think he is chasing Goodwin's spot ? Or can both of these characters get on the field together !

:rolleyes:

Edleman's never played a full season, has only been over 1k yards once -- hell, he's only been over 500 yards 3 times in a 7 year career (Woods has eclipsed that mark each of his three years) and never had more than 7 TDs in a season. If Woods merely keeps pace with how his career has begun, he'll surpass Edleman in every meaningful statistical category by the same point in their career timelines.

He's talented, but he's a JAG. I'd rather have Woods -- unless Brady is my QB.

Woods absolutely should out-produce him.

He was a high draft pick and very experienced receiver in a pro-style offense coming out of USC.

He should have AT LEAST stacked a couple 800-1,000 yard receiving seasons by now.

By contrast Edelman came into the league as a small school QB and an afterthought.......he had to play ST's for years while he learned what Woods already came into the league knowing about how to play the WR position.

And even before he started his run of excellent production as a starter, when he got a chance to play in place of Welker he played a lot like Welker.......which is saying a lot.

Like I said......when he went out last year the Pats really missed Edelman. Would the Bills miss Bob Woods that much? I really doubt that but we will likely find out next year......unless he has another year like the last 3 and can't get a starter quality contract.

Those were also his 1st 3 years playing reciever after being an undrafted qb out of kent state, not a 2nd round pick out of USC. He also focused on special teams and played in an offense with Gronk, Wes Walker and Hernandez.

The only thing correct is that he is a douchbag

Agreed (and I agree with Over 20 above as well). I'm not at all saying he's terrible. He's not. But I do think he's a JAG on any other team that doesn't have Brady. His numbers aren't really that great and durability has always been his downfall along with the occasional bout of stone-hands.

I'd take this further and say beli's offense loves quick slot type guys getting open fast. Welker would have been a JAG career journeyman if not for Peyton and Brady. I put Edelmen in this category. I'm very interested to see how he and hogan stack up against each other.

Personally I hope Kolbe comes in and shows he can run that whole route tree and takes a spot.......

I want as many of these drafted guys to be impact players as possible.....takes away our need to use money on free agents from other teams......we get them on better contracts......and get to watch them grow.